MOD + Tutorial for Re-partitioning Storage of MTK6589 + Flash through CWM/TWRP

OP keanu_ritz

29th August 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #31  
Flag Bhopal
Thanks Meter: 89

135 posts
More
i flashed the file given by you for canvas hd.. but somehow my internal sd card is not being read by the system..??
i flashed CM11 after flashing your zip..
21st September 2014, 11:56 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Not working for me please help
hi ritz
i have tried what u have written procedure but i not getting it i have done thrice but fails it get stucks on boot img of canvas hd and the main thing of all the procedure i am not able to understand "just flash with any CWM/TWRP" how to do that when i using CWM please help
24th September 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 5

43 posts
Is it available for titanium s9
3rd October 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #34  

3 posts
More
Please advice..
I use a HD A116 and have the stock ROM with me .. Can I just replace the EBR1 & EBR2 files with the modified one's and flash the stock ROM to see an increase in space ? Will not the flashing process automatically format the data/system and cache partitions and re-install with the reconfigured space ? If that works I just don't mind installing all my app's /CWM again..

M just a noob and was wondering if there was a simpler way out ? Flashing itself seems pretty intimidating .. creating your own flashable zip .. now that sounds tough.. Can you also expand detail on that part please Ritz
Last edited by destinydude; 3rd October 2014 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Put things in a better way..
5th October 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #35  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinydude

M just a noob and was wondering if there was a simpler way out ? Flashing itself seems pretty intimidating .. creating your own flashable zip .. now that sounds tough.. Can you also expand detail on that part please Ritz

Exactly my thoughts and situation - I'm also a noob that'd rather avoid messing with flashtool :P
I have no idea how dead this thread may be, but it gave me new hopes of increasing my storage without having to use flashtool to do it.
In fact, I've been able to do everything so far - install CWM, new ROM, tweak and update stuff - without needing to flash anything except through mobileuncle and CWM

SO!
I'll start by saying I have an MT6592 Newman K1S.
I got a flashable zip from here (RiTz_partition_mod_a116.zip); replaced the EBRs in it for the ones on "CWM STOCK ROM v1.0 EBR-7.0 GB.rar" available on needrom, because 7Gb it's roughly half the space available and sounds enough; and deleted the line "format("ext4", "EMMC", "/emmc@android", "0", "/system");" because I'm not changing the system size.

AND!
I'm too scared to try it
I attached it, can anyone more experienced take a look/test it and let me know if it might work?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: zip partition_test.zip - [Click for QR Code] (237.3 KB, 2 views)
6th October 2014, 01:10 PM   |  #36  

3 posts
More
A simple flash will do it ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshtaNoob

Exactly my thoughts and situation - I'm also a noob that'd rather avoid messing with flashtool :P
I have no idea how dead this thread may be, but it gave me new hopes of increasing my storage without having to use flashtool to do it.
In fact, I've been able to do everything so far - install CWM, new ROM, tweak and update stuff - without needing to flash anything except through mobileuncle and CWM

SO!
I'll start by saying I have an MT6592 Newman K1S.
I got a flashable zip from here (RiTz_partition_mod_a116.zip); replaced the EBRs in it for the ones on "CWM STOCK ROM v1.0 EBR-7.0 GB.rar" available on needrom, because 7Gb it's roughly half the space available and sounds enough; and deleted the line "format("ext4", "EMMC", "/emmc@android", "0", "/system");" because I'm not changing the system size.

AND!
I'm too scared to try it
I attached it, can anyone more experienced take a look/test it and let me know if it might work?

Thanks in advance!

Eureka !!! I simply replaced the modified EBR1 & 2 files in the stock ROM files and flashed the same.. Then booted into recovery.. cleared the caches and system.. Now I have 1.9 GB as Internal memory.. Yeahhhh cumbersome to reinstall all apps but it works...

Thanx a TON to keanu_ritz.. for all the initiative.. research.. hardwork and esp. the calculations bcos of which this was possible.. and also all those who have contributed to this thread... Thank you guys..
6th October 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #37  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinydude

Eureka !!! I simply replaced the modified EBR1 & 2 files in the stock ROM files and flashed the same.. Then booted into recovery.. cleared the caches and system.. Now I have 1.9 GB as Internal memory.. Yeahhhh cumbersome to reinstall all apps but it works...

Thanx a TON to keanu_ritz.. for all the initiative.. research.. hardwork and esp. the calculations bcos of which this was possible.. and also all those who have contributed to this thread... Thank you guys..

You flashed the modified stock ROM using CWM, or using a PC tool like SPFlashTool?
7th October 2014, 06:41 AM   |  #38  

3 posts
More
Flashed using SPFlashtool
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshtaNoob

You flashed the modified stock ROM using CWM, or using a PC tool like SPFlashTool?

SPFlash tool.. just the usual procedure..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread