Post Reply

[Q] Tried to port SlimBean 4.3.1 for HTC One X to XOLO Play T1000... stuck in boot

OP Black_reaper

7th January 2014, 12:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
I tried to port unofficial SlimBean ROM for HTC One X to my XOLO play t1000...
BASE ROM: xyrus os for xolo play. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2453615
PORTED ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2511668
Please help..
8th January 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #2  
poondog's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 11,064
 
13,762 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_reaper

I tried to port unofficial SlimBean ROM for HTC One X to my XOLO play t1000...
BASE ROM: xyrus os for xolo play. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2453615
PORTED ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2511668
Please help..

Because Slim is an AOSP base, you need a base ROM that is also AOSP. Since your Xyrus ROM is not AOSP (skinned or something) then it will have framework and ramdisk/kernel changes that render it incompatible with Slim
Your base ROM needs to be AOSP: an indication would be its file size, similar to Slim not 300+mb
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poondog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th January 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Thumbs up Want to port Slim for XOLO play T1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondog

Because Slim is an AOSP base, you need a base ROM that is also AOSP. Since your Xyrus ROM is not AOSP (skinned or something) then it will have framework and ramdisk/kernel changes that render it incompatible with Slim
Your base ROM needs to be AOSP: an indication would be its file size, similar to Slim not 300+mb

Thanks a lot dude!
According to your previous post, theres' no choice of a base rom for my device... can u suggest some way to port Slim for XOLO Play T1000??
8th January 2014, 09:38 AM   |  #4  
poondog's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 11,064
 
13,762 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_reaper

Thanks a lot dude!
According to your previous post, theres' no choice of a base rom for my device... can u suggest some way to port Slim for XOLO Play T1000??

You have a device tree or AOSP based rom? If not you'll have to make them yourself unfortunately
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poondog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #5  
kidunderthehood's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Hey. I found a device tree for xolo play, it's Cyanogenmod and has been abandoned by the creator.
You can download it from there and use it as a base. I'll post the link below

Github . com/ ankur850/android_device_xolo_play

You'll have to yourself figure it out how to work around because I have no experience building roms.
As I too want a port rom for my Xolo Play and I found none so good till now, and then I saw your post which made me wanna help you
I'll be waiting for your rom though would be glad to test it on my Play

A Potato told me to write this stuff.
2nd June 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #6  
Henri Ningthoujam's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Guwahati
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidunderthehood

Hey. I found a device tree for xolo play, it's Cyanogenmod and has been abandoned by the creator.
You can download it from there and use it as a base. I'll post the link below

Github . com/ ankur850/android_device_xolo_play

You'll have to yourself figure it out how to work around because I have no experience building roms.
As I too want a port rom for my Xolo Play and I found none so good till now, and then I saw your post which made me wanna help you
I'll be waiting for your rom though would be glad to test it on my Play

A Potato told me to write this stuff.

i cannot download the CM10, its written 404 error page not found.

Sent from my XOLO Play using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th October 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Try this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri Ningthoujam

i cannot download the CM10, its written 404 error page not found.

Sent from my XOLO Play using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I don't know if this will help you, but here you go:
https://github.com/deepaktom/android_device_xolo_us9230e1
Alternatively there's another one:
https://github.com/mamutos/android_device_yusun_us9230

I thought these were CyanogenMod ports for My Phone, And so did I search a bit.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes