Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[Q] How compatible is the Verizon Samsung S5 with AT&T / T-Mobile?

OP XFlyer

17th June 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorales5922

I have an S5 and I'm using it on T-Mobile without any issues.. However, when I get a picture message it retrieves it as a a group message.

Does anyone know how to work around this? So I can receive mms in the standard thread

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah I have that same problem with mms and I'm using Straight Talk but my biggest concern is:

When someone calls me I cannot reply calls directly from recent calls if it is not on my contacts list
cuz it would redirect the call to verizon and give some "international calling error"

Do someone knows something about this????
17th June 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 158

706 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastDeuS

Yeah I have that same problem with mms and I'm using Straight Talk but my biggest concern is:

When someone calls me I cannot reply calls directly from recent calls if it is not on my contacts list
cuz it would redirect the call to verizon and give some "international calling error"

Do someone knows something about this????

Try this:

Open up the phone app and go to Menu - Settings - Call. Scroll down to the bottom to "Assisted dialing." Turn it off and see if that helps.
17th June 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness

Try this:

Open up the phone app and go to Menu - Settings - Call. Scroll down to the bottom to "Assisted dialing." Turn it off and see if that helps.

Yes tried that already with no luck so I'm using app Prefixer till I find a permanent solution
thanks anyways
3rd July 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastDeuS

Yes tried that already with no luck so I'm using app Prefixer till I find a permanent solution
thanks anyways

Did you find a permanent fix? I am having exact same issue. Can you share your prefixer code that fixed the issue for you?
18th July 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
I am able to successfully use my VZ Galaxy Note 3 and my wife uses her VZ Galaxy S5, both devices on T-mobile Edge, HSPA, HSPA+ (21mbps), and LTE (band 4) frequencies. These devices unfortunately will not do DC-HSPA+ (42mbps), but that's not a big deal for us because LTE coverage is good where we live. We have no issues with making voice calls, or sending SMS/MMS, and don't have to switch APN's or toggle between Global Mode or GSM/UMTS mode. We leave them on Global Mode with the correct APN settings.

Here's the guide I followed for both (with correct APN settings screenshots to accommodate for MMS on page 4 or 5 i believe):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582747

Has anyone figured out a way to get T-mobile's version of ISIS or T-mobile Wifi calling working on VZ devices yet?
10th August 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #26  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorcobb

I am able to successfully use my VZ Galaxy Note 3 and my wife uses her VZ Galaxy S5, both devices on T-mobile Edge, HSPA, HSPA+ (21mbps), and LTE (band 4) frequencies. These devices unfortunately will not do DC-HSPA+ (42mbps), but that's not a big deal for us because LTE coverage is good where we live. We have no issues with making voice calls, or sending SMS/MMS, and don't have to switch APN's or toggle between Global Mode or GSM/UMTS mode. We leave them on Global Mode with the correct APN settings.

Here's the guide I followed for both (with correct APN settings screenshots to accommodate for MMS on page 4 or 5 i believe):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582747

Has anyone figured out a way to get T-mobile's version of ISIS or T-mobile Wifi calling working on VZ devices yet?

I can only seem to get Edge, nothing more, no LTE or 3G/4G. Tried everything on both a Verizon S5 as well as a Verizon Note 3. Maybe its my location. Though I am in a big city with T-mobile LTE coverage, where a native Tmo device connects just fine.
7th October 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
Got V GS5 to work with T-Mobile...voice and LTE. Just add APN as per below

Name : T-Mobile
APN: fast.tmobile.com
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN Type: default,supl,admin,dun,mms

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread