[GUIDE] How-To Cherry-Pick Features for your ROM (both GitHub and Gerrit)

OP jabza

30th September 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #61  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 7,779

2,534 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimusVoxx

My macbook has a core i7 so your saying I can get away with 7 or even 14?

Should be OK , technically I believe its only a dual core chip , but i7 is a powerhouse . you can try any number , worst that will happen is it'll slow your machine down to a crawl or lock it . nothing a reboot won't fix
3rd October 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 5

45 posts
Anyone know how to add your own boot animation successfully with no errors and also how to add your rom name into your repo so that when you build and flash the rom when you go into the about phone menu it says aosp version or aokp rom version "NAME OF MY ROM" I can't figure it out
5th October 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #63  

45 posts
hey guys i know this is a bit off topic but can anyone help me with this error im getting, cant find any answers on the web but figured u guys would know whats up, any answers are appreciated, thanks.

Symlink: /Volumes/aokp/out/target/product/m8/system/bin/su -> /system/xbin/su
make: *** No rule to make target `/Volumes/aokp/out/target/product/m8/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libqdutils_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `/Volumes/aokp/out/target/product/m8/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsurfaceflinger_intermediates/import_includes'. Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Export includes file: frameworks/native/services/surfaceflinger/Android.mk -- /Volumes/aokp/out/target/product/m8/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsurfaceflinger_intermediates/export_includes
6th October 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #64  
Thanks Meter: 28

106 posts
Quote:

hey guys i know this is a bit off topic but can anyone help me with this error im getting, cant find any answers on the web but figured u guys would know whats up, any answers are appreciated, thanks.

Symlink: /Volumes/aokp/out/target/product/m8/system/bin/su -> /system/xbin/su
make: *** No rule to make target `/Volumes/aokp/out/target/product/m8/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libqdutils_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `/Volumes/aokp/out/target/product/m8/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsurfaceflinger_intermediates/import_includes'. Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Export includes file: frameworks/native/services/surfaceflinger/Android.mk -- /Volumes/aokp/out/target/product/m8/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsurfaceflinger_intermediates/export_includes

LMGTFY ----> found this
6th October 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #65  

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiyagiSan

LMGTFY ----> found this

Yup I saw this but it didn't help my issue.
6th October 2014, 07:13 AM   |  #66  
Thanks Meter: 102

230 posts
More
Quote:

Anyone know how to add your own boot animation successfully with no errors and also how to add your rom name into your repo so that when you build and flash the rom when you go into the about phone menu it says aosp version or aokp rom version "NAME OF MY ROM" I can't figure it out

Take a look here:
https://github.com/ezio84/vendor_sli...6132bccd46b133

And here:
https://github.com/ezio84/vendor_sli...e1c63309881873

Sent from my Nexus 5
6th October 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #67  

106 posts
Quote:

Yup I saw this but it didn't help my issue.

A few more you may have seen too...

Getting strange error plus suggested fix

Build fails for Android JB422_100

Android building no rule to make lib
8th October 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #68  

106 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiyagiSan

Hi. Thanks for the guide.

Say I am trying to build an unofficial CM11 release with bits cherry-picked potentially from anywhere. I would still like to maintain a build manifest that makes it easy for anyone else to replicate my build using the manifest file (as long as they have read access to the same set of repos obviously). How do I do that?

Anyone able to help here?

Anyway, after a bit more reading and thinking, at the moment, it seems that the simplest way to handle unofficial CM11 builds using cherry-picking whilst maintaining a build manifest is to:
a) fork the specific CM11 git repos one will be adding cherry-picked commits to
b) cherry-pick one's commits into these forks of the CM11 repos
c) use a local manifest xml file in .repo/local_manifests to replace the original CM11 repos with one's forks of the repos
d) right after the build, run the command: repo manifest -o my-build-manifest.xml -r

Now, anyone with a copy of the my-build-manifest.xml file can replicate the build if they have access to the forked repos.

Does this seem right? Messed up?
Last edited by MiyagiSan; 8th October 2014 at 01:59 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cherry pick, cherry picks, cherry-pick, gerrit, github
Previous Thread Next Thread