Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Apps from Play Store not running on Sony Vaio Duo 11 (Android on Intel Platform)

OP vantt1

7th May 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 230

566 posts
More
I'm dual booting Android 4.2.2 and Windows 8.1 on my Sony Vaio Duo 11, and all is relatively well. However, I've noticed that some apps that are usually available on the Play Store aren't showing up on the Duo 11's Play Store. Once I do find it, it says "Your device isn't compatible with this version".

Manually installing the APK doesn't work, either. The app just doesn't run, crashing on startup.

Does anyone else have any experience with this kind of problem?
7th May 2014, 08:44 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

566 posts
More
Android on Intel Platforms:

https://01.org/android-ia
7th October 2014, 12:14 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
How did you install
How were you able to install android on your vaio duo 11 i have the same hybrid and would love to have android on it?
7th October 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

566 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulleyluke

How were you able to install android on your vaio duo 11 i have the same hybrid and would love to have android on it?

First, you have to disable secure boot from within the BIOS settings. To get into it, turn off the Vaio Duo 11, then press the ASSIST button next to the volume buttons.

I used the Generic UEFI Installer for android-4.2.2_r1-ia3, and installed it using an imaged USB drive. Just follow the on-screen instructions, and remember to back up your data first.
The Following User Says Thank You to vantt1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th October 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #5  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1

First, you have to disable secure boot from within the BIOS settings. To get into it, turn off the Vaio Duo 11, then press the ASSIST button next to the volume buttons.

I used the Generic UEFI Installer for android-4.2.2_r1-ia3, and installed it using an imaged USB drive. Just follow the on-screen instructions, and remember to back up your data first.

What a coincidence i have the same usb right infront of me thank you i will try install as soon as download is complete
8th October 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #6  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1

Ok i finished installing android and i installed the bootloader but after i have finished the install it only boots to windows?
8th October 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

566 posts
More
Did you disable secure boot?

You might also have to change the boot settings from within Windows as well. The Android installer creates a new boot loader file, but Windows doesn't load it by default due to a bunch of security reasons. You have to mount Windows' hidden boot drive using Diskpart in CMD, then navigate to "EFI/Microsoft/Boot/", backup the existing bootmgfw.efi and copy the gummiboot.efi in its place, renaming it to bootmgfw.efi.

I don't really remember the details, because it's been a while since I last did it, and I sold my Vaio Duo 11 already.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
androidia, dual boot, play store
Previous Thread Next Thread