Htc one m8 bricked ?

OP MrH871

22nd May 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

177 posts
hi all

i have htc one m8, unlocked rooted i had previousl had viperOne rom installed and decided to change to Sky Dragon ... i wiped all the data system sd card etc and then proceeded to install the rom, installed the rom and then rebooted, recovery asked root access seems missing so i clicked no to install root access and now it is stuck on the htc screen with the this build is for dev purposes in red and now i cant get into recovery or bootloader ? what to dooooo
22nd May 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

177 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrH871

hi all

i have htc one m8, unlocked rooted i had previousl had viperOne rom installed and decided to change to Sky Dragon ... i wiped all the data system sd card etc and then proceeded to install the rom, installed the rom and then rebooted, recovery asked root access seems missing so i clicked no to install root access and now it is stuck on the htc screen with the this build is for dev purposes in red and now i cant get into recovery or bootloader ? what to dooooo

i think their is no OS installed but i still should be able to access bootloader/recovery ?
22nd May 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #3  
Flag Friesland, Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 7

50 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrH871

i think their is no OS installed but i still should be able to access bootloader/recovery ?

I've had similar issues earlier today. Read my thread, maybe it'll help.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2759524

EDIT: If the screen 'hangs' press power button + volume up, wait for the screen to turn black and press volume down. That should get you into your bootloader!
Last edited by Niorun; 22nd May 2014 at 05:49 PM.
24th May 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niorun

I've had similar issues earlier today. Read my thread, maybe it'll help.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2759524

EDIT: If the screen 'hangs' press power button + volume up, wait for the screen to turn black and press volume down. That should get you into your bootloader!

Need some help daorderdillon...I have an HTC One M8

I wanted to flash to the UNROOTED Google Play Edition...so I rooted, TWRP'ed and did the S-OFF

and then tried to flash the ROM while in RUU mode...it gave me back a "41 error"...

so I tried to change the ModelID in the android.txt file...flashed, and then my HTC One M8 kept going into the HTC logo screen with 4 triangle error screen

When I do fastboot oem reboot, it gets me back into the device - but any normal restart after, and I'm back in the HTC logo error screen

I can't go into recovery mode either - using the POWER and UP / DOWN buttons or through the software...

Stuck, and I really don't know what to do

Thanks in advance!
25th May 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 40

293 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikwikwik

Need some help daorderdillon...I have an HTC One M8

I wanted to flash to the UNROOTED Google Play Edition...so I rooted, TWRP'ed and did the S-OFF

and then tried to flash the ROM while in RUU mode...it gave me back a "41 error"...

so I tried to change the ModelID in the android.txt file...flashed, and then my HTC One M8 kept going into the HTC logo screen with 4 triangle error screen

When I do fastboot oem reboot, it gets me back into the device - but any normal restart after, and I'm back in the HTC logo error screen

I can't go into recovery mode either - using the POWER and UP / DOWN buttons or through the software...

Stuck, and I really don't know what to do

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried flashing a stock recovery via fastboot? Or flash TWRP again then flash a stock nandroid backup from the backup/recovery thread?
7th October 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
m8 white screen
Good evening community

I think I bricked my M8. Tryed to flash a custom ROM, unrooted and installed it but didn't liked and decided to go back to stock ROM. Went to TWRP and wiped one position more than needed - data. So now my M8 booted just into white screen with HTC logo, power off doesn't work at all, hard reset combination doesn't work, power on + volume up - doesn't work. It's always on and CMD says <waiting for device>

Who can help me?

Thank you in advance

Edit: got into bootloader, thanks to Niorun post edit.
Last edited by djstammo; 7th October 2014 at 09:11 PM.
8th October 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,162

7,179 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstammo

I think I bricked my M8.

For this phone, as long as the screen comes on, its almost certainly not bricked.

Being stuck with OS not booting is a common thing when flashing ROMs. It just happens from time to time for one reason or other. Folks that freak out about this (and think their phone is bricked) need to relax and learn some basic recovery steps.

Quote:

Went to TWRP and wiped one position more than needed - data. So now my M8 booted just into white screen with HTC logo

Wiping data will not make the phone get stuck on the HTC logo screen. Wiping data just erases user data. So the phone would have just booted into the OS, but with no previous user data present any longer. Failure to boot was for some other reason.

Quote:

power off doesn't work at all, hard reset combination doesn't work, power on + volume up - doesn't work. It's always on and CMD says <waiting for device>

Power + Vol Up reboots the phone, this should always function as long as the screen comes on.

Power + Vol Down to boot into bootloader similarly should always work as long as the screen comes on. Failure to do so is almost always a matter of user error, not performing the button combo correctly (either not pressing vol down fast enough, or letting go of it too early).

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread