Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Samsung Galaxy Discover S730M (and S730G) Custom ROM - by doctor_evil

OP doctor_evil

8th October 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #11  
Flag Oil- and Cowtown, AB
Thanks Meter: 48

214 posts
Talking And it works!
@doctor_evil: I flashed your set after having played with @atmu5fear's version (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2673097). I like them both very much and am still looking which one I will keep. I have not wiped data/cache (i.e. Factory Reset) before overlaying your version over @atmu5fear's one, and it did not hurt. I noticed the following:
  1. Flashing your ROM did not again trip the ROM counter after applying the triangleaway script after @atmu5fear's ROM load (it did go off then).
  2. When having a SIM in the S730M and after putting in the phone unlock password, the keyboard stays on top (this does not happen when no SIM is present)
  3. My Battery-drain problem when having the phone powered fully off with a SIM installed is still there. Probably need to await a cooked custom ROM for this to be solved

The triangleaway script for the S730M can be found at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2420184

The Battery-Drain S730M issue has been noticed by quite a few people (TELUS and BELL, both in Canada), and is unexplainable. When the phone is on (with SIM installed), power usage is normal, but when you power off the phone (with SIM still installed) the power-drain goes up dramatically (draining the battery completely within a few hours). When the SIM is removed, or when the battery is removed there is no abnormal drain perceived. The other thing is, that, when the device, with SIM and battery installed, is powered off, both the battery area and the SIM area get warm (not really hot), indicating SIM activity WHILE THE DEVICE IS OFF... Very odd. I am hoping that a new KK custom ROM would fix this issue as both 'custom' 4.0.4 ROMS I have tried now show the same issue, indicating it is either a hardware or a 4.0.4 implementation issue...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom rom, s730g, s730m
Previous Thread Next Thread