[Q] Amazon Fire tv Game Controller Pc Support

OP tammukul

25th June 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Is it possible to use the fire tv bluetooth gamepad controller to connect to pc as a controller and play pc games using the controller support ?
25th June 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 17

104 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammukul

Is it possible to use the fire tv bluetooth gamepad controller to connect to pc as a controller and play pc games using the controller support ?

In theory - yes. It's a bluetooth controller, so unless they did weird protocol stuff like Sony did with the Dualshock 3 it should at least connect. Whether or not your PC sees it as a game controller or not is dependent on whether or not drivers exist for it or if it can use some form of "generic" bluetooth gamepad drivers, if those exist. If there are no drivers then someone will have to write them, though this is not a terribly difficult thing to do, since the drivers just have to read the inputs from the BT stack, then translate them to Xinput calls - pretty simple stuff. Note that I did not say EASY, just simple - an experienced coder/tinkerer could probably make them quickly, but a person lacking knowledge of how to deal with a bluetooth stack or the Direct X interface would have to learn those first.

Do some googling in case someone else has already tackled this subject elsewhere, and if not then consider putting up a bounty for them - as I said, it's quick money for an experienced programmer.
Last edited by illuminerdi; 25th June 2014 at 05:30 PM.
26th June 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminerdi

In theory - yes. It's a bluetooth controller, so unless they did weird protocol stuff like Sony did with the Dualshock 3 it should at least connect. Whether or not your PC sees it as a game controller or not is dependent on whether or not drivers exist for it or if it can use some form of "generic" bluetooth gamepad drivers, if those exist. If there are no drivers then someone will have to write them, though this is not a terribly difficult thing to do, since the drivers just have to read the inputs from the BT stack, then translate them to Xinput calls - pretty simple stuff. Note that I did not say EASY, just simple - an experienced coder/tinkerer could probably make them quickly, but a person lacking knowledge of how to deal with a bluetooth stack or the Direct X interface would have to learn those first.

Do some googling in case someone else has already tackled this subject elsewhere, and if not then consider putting up a bounty for them - as I said, it's quick money for an experienced programmer.

Well...
The pc does not detect the game controller as anything. Thats the issue. Is there a way around this ?

Thanks for the reply though, quite informative.
6th October 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #4  

5 posts
Info 2
so mine was detected as "amazon fire game controller". within windows it is possible to calibrate it. but no game recognized it as a usable controller.

windows 8 pro 64bit

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammukul

Well...
The pc does not detect the game controller as anything. Thats the issue. Is there a way around this ?

Thanks for the reply though, quite informative.

7th October 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #5  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 17

127 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystykally

so mine was detected as "amazon fire game controller". within windows it is possible to calibrate it. but no game recognized it as a usable controller.

windows 8 pro 64bit

cheers

I wasn't able to get Windows 7 to recognize my AGC. probably because I have some crappy CSR Bluetooth usb receive that I don't even have software for. TBH, I don't think I've ever connected anything to it though, but I don't have a lot of Bluetooth stuff.
8th October 2014, 08:36 AM   |  #6  

5 posts
seems L2+R2 doesnt work. no game actually recognize this as a legit controller...
any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AGC.JPG - [Click for QR Code] (243.7 KB, 36 views)
9th October 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

70 posts
More
try to use xpadder?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread