No registration required

Replacement Touchscreen TF701T

OP kilo94

30th September 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Tablet TF700 Screen Woes
Just some related info that may be useful to some of you:

My Asus TF700 tablet slipped from my grip whilst crossing the parking lot from my car to the local Starbucks. To be fair, I've dropped it a handful of times before with no serious damage (including the very first day I had it... the tablet wasn't securely locked into the docking keyboard and I wasn't yet familiar with how to make sure!) But this time it hit the asphalt hard, striking the pavement directly on the corner of the folded keyboard/tablet case. The screen still displays, but the gorilla glass has cracks all over the place!

I took it to a local computer repair shop and they quoted me a screen replacement price of $150 to $250, depending on which screen was required. Apparently they were finding multiple part numbers for the TF700 screen, with overlap between the TF701 and the TF201. They mentioned that some screens are held in place with screws and so can be removed from the back panel, while others require actually going in through the glass itself to separate the glass and screen from the back plate. After reading some of the info here on XDA-developers.com it sounds as though the TF701 has the "fused" screen and the TF700 has the screw-attached version. In any case, I deferred on repairing it for now. I may instead try to sell the docking keyboard with supplemental battery to recoup what I can.
7th October 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
x axis inverted
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCecil

I successfully separated the LCD from the back of my broken digitizer without damaging it, and used the tablet for quite a while with the broken digitizer disconnected. A few weeks ago, digitizers started popping up on ebay from china, so I ordered one when they dropped from $150 down to $100. I saved all the sticky back foam for the LCD, and replaced all the sticky back tape for the bezel-glass attachment. The ribbon cable was mounted a bit closer to the edge on the new digitizer, so it wasn't clearing the bezel properly when folded over. So I had to bevel my bezel a bit, lol, and thus made room for it. So with great satisfaction of not breaking anything, I button the tablet back up and boot it...

WTF??? X Axis is inverted. I touch the left, it registers on the right. I draw a circle, it mirrors that circle. Damnit. I've heard of this being a problem with the TF201's, but this model too??? So now, I'm contacting the seller to see about an exchange or refund.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I have the same story, and found some hope on http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=146
maybe when more people have the same problem (same problem with the tf201 is solved), the solution is on the way?
9th October 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #13  
Flag Telford
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I too have the same story again!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread