FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

MHL 3.0 adapters, what works?

103 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By Felborn, Senior Member on 26th June 2014, 10:16 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So, I'm about to leave for a holiday for a couple of weeks, and a MHL adapter for my Z2 tablet would be nice. I see Sony has a cable, but that's like 38$ in the local story, and I can find MHL 3.0 adapter for 4-5$ on Ebay. Would any MHL 3.0 adapter work, or does it have to be the Sony cable? I see many of the brands on Ebay mention Samsung, any reason why this would not work?
The Following User Says Thank You to Felborn For This Useful Post: [ View ]

27th June 2014, 01:59 AM |#2  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 84

More
If you find one that works, can you let us know either way? I am also interested in this!
The Following User Says Thank You to Pondy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 08:06 AM |#3  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I bought one from the local accessories store - works out of the box on my Z2 tab. Just ensure that it has USB power
27th June 2014, 10:39 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I got a Belkin hml adapter with input for power, worked on my Philips TV atleast

Sent fra min SGP511 via Tapatalk
20th August 2014, 11:03 PM |#5  
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 255

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felborn

So, I'm about to leave for a holiday for a couple of weeks, and a MHL adapter for my Z2 tablet would be nice. I see Sony has a cable, but that's like 38$ in the local story, and I can find MHL 3.0 adapter for 4-5$ on Ebay. Would any MHL 3.0 adapter work, or does it have to be the Sony cable? I see many of the brands on Ebay mention Samsung, any reason why this would not work?

It'll be MHL 1.0 most probably, not 3.0 and probably not even 2.0.
9th October 2014, 01:04 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Service the cheap ones work...
See my response on another thread
1080P-Micro-USB-MHL-to-HDMI-HDTV-CABLE-ADAPTER-For-HTC-One-M8-LG-Sony-Xperia-Z1-/171308010294? item27e2c0cb36
but this one worked for me for a GBP 'fiver'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felborn

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread