i won't use this phone underwater. my xperia st17i is good for underwater usage
31st August 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #62  
Flag Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 58

304 posts
More
Have a look at this thread if you are interested in my "water-damage" story:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784660
Last edited by Tobi@s; 31st August 2014 at 02:17 AM.
1st September 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #63  
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
Thumbs up
Hey,
If anyone has experienced a phone that has been submerged to water and the water has penetrated the seals, try your best to not have the phone powered on at all. The least the better. Second, have the phone submerged into uncooked rice ,e.g. a container with dry rice, have the phone totally covered and submerged in the rice for 3-5 days. This has saved me with uncertified waterlogged phone in the past. Last being s4 mini!
11th September 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #64  
Thanks Meter: 3

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesang

I used the Z1c in a lake for about 5 minutes. Water behind the screen, lens (front and back) and non responsive power button. Two days in a rice-bath almost sucked it dry but there is stil some stains in de screen. Send a letter to Sony to see how they are planning on fixing this because flaps were closed and there is some movement in the back cover.

Well, FOUR weeks later. Yesterday I recieved a mail from the store where the phone came from. Waterdamage was not my fault and I got my money back. They paid me the price that was paid for it back in Februari (LOL) and that was 525,- euros. I bought it second hand for just 250,- so fair deal I would say. After that I walked back into the store and bought a new one, for just 399,-.

Is it me or did I get extremely lucky!

Though I think repair took way to long, it is a good service that they tested the phone and concluded that it wasn't my fault indeed. So I'm happy again with my shiny brand new Z1 compact!

Now i'm gonna wait untill I finally get my WeLoop Tommy and then I'm really a happy camper
15th September 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #65  
Thanks Meter: 3

30 posts
Now that backcover of the new one doesn't seem to really seal, is that a problem? Should I return it?
9th October 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #66  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Superb waterproofing
I had my Z1 Compact for well over half a year now and having taken underwater shots, using it in the shower and simply just putting my phone under a running tap to remove any oily smudges from regular use (makes my hardcore iPhone friends crazy ), I have concluded that the waterproofing of this phone will not just stand the occasional splashes, but will even withstand the daily water contact same as my wristwatch
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Compact General by ThreadRank