Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

PIE Controls are a Nuisance Now

OP Enddo

18th July 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #11  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
Pie controls
I am using Paranoid 4.42 and pie control appears only at the bottom. I cant find the options in settings to customize it. even from quick settings. I had LMT earlier. which worked real fine
18th July 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,189

11,085 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdon82

I am using Paranoid 4.42 and pie control appears only at the bottom. I cant find the options in settings to customize it. even from quick settings. I had LMT earlier. which worked real fine

There are no customizations for pie. To move it to one side just drag it to where you want

#stayparanoid
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pirateghost For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #13  
Flag Mumbai

27 posts
great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost

There are no customizations for pie. To move it to one side just drag it to where you want

#stayparanoid

ok thanks
23rd July 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #14  

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMez

I have exactly the same problem! Actually, I already posted in this forum and opened a bug-report! It is really incredibly annoying if you are typing and suddenly end up in Google Now!! I hope there's gonna be an option to change this soon!! Really drives me crazy!

This.

I really like the PA rom, but the PIE system didnt really offer much to me, and got in the way.

Not to mention the settingf for it are buried bafflingly deep in an already rather confusing settings arrangement.
3rd October 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #15  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lka1988

I have to concur... I miss the old PIE controls. Granted, the new one looks much cleaner and is easier to implement, but I'd still like just a BIT more customization.

I concur. Have always been a fan of the PA Pie feature. I appreciate why PA wants the Googly new look in 4+---as a result, customization is either rid of or minimized.

However, when it comes to the PA4+ Pie, my biggest complaint is its speed. There is a small but annoying delay when you finger swipes from the edge and when the Pie pops out. I know it's programmed behavior but it makes the phone feel laggy, to me. A lot of words have been spent on "butter smooth" performance. This contradicts.

So, I'm in Immersive but with the native Pie disabled. Instead, I am using LMT Launcher. Instantaneous response with the added bonus of color customization.

Still, if only...
9th October 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #16  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 13

13 posts
I have problems with performance too. Galaxy Note 3 and its bit laggy.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread