26th May 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 421

1,390 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel212

Strephon,

As explained that the SSL Ciphers already applied in this ROM, How can I check it?

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewMyClient.html
18th June 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member

1,390 posts
More
Chainfire is having issues with SuperSU failing to update its binary on the new version released today in the Play Store. Set SuperSU to not automatically update and uninstall the update if the Play Store already has updated SuperSU.
20th June 2014, 09:38 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 6

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strephon Alkhalikoi

Chainfire is having issues with SuperSU failing to update its binary on the new version released today in the Play Store. Set SuperSU to not automatically update and uninstall the update if the Play Store already has updated SuperSU.

Thank you for the info,..
20th June 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member

1,390 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel212

Thank you for the info,..

No problem. In testing things, I took a nandroid backup and then installed the update via the Play Store, and then installing the update through StreakMod Recovery. Using the Play Store method, the binary genuinely does not get updated, which may lead people to think there's a problem with something other than the app. But when I used the flashable zip I still had the prompt to update the binary appear, despite installing the binary in the correct location (/system/xbin). With both installs, the binary still functioned, meaning it was still possible to grant root privileges to apps. Management though wasn't possible as that requires the APK.

Some users of later versions of Android are also have trouble, but on my tablet running ICS I had no problem with upgrading via the Play Store and converting to a system app. I'm sure Chainfire will get this fixed, and when he does I'll let everyone know.
25th August 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #25  
Flag Bury St Edmunds(ish)
Thanks Meter: 2

35 posts
DSC portrait option...
Hello Strephon... many thanks for this great rom! Just wondered if it would be ok to flash the updDSCportrait.zip to this? I prefer my phone lock screen in portrait mode.

Vince.
26th August 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member

1,390 posts
More
The DSC one likely won't work and may cause a bootloop. Use the one from Longhorn instead.
27th August 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #27  
Flag Bury St Edmunds(ish)
Thanks Meter: 2

35 posts
Many thanks for the reply Strephon, I will do that!
28th August 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #28  
OP Senior Member

1,390 posts
More
@ubervince: Ughhh, I forget myself here. In Aroma, PseudoCream has the lockscreen orientation patch as an installation option. My personal copy of the ROM doesn't use Aroma because I don't install any of the options, so I forgot this detail.
9th October 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #29  
OP Senior Member

1,390 posts
More
I hate making these types of posts, but in the interests of full disclosure, and so there will be no lingering questions, I guess I have to make one.

As of Monday, 10/13, I am discontinuing further work on this ROM. After 3-1/2 years with the same device, I have finally upgraded to a Galaxy S4, and thus it's time to retire "The Beast". It has been fun, and I actually have learned quite a bit, but as technology marches on, so must I. So what does the future hold for you?

With my ceasing further work on the ROM, there will be no further bug fixes and no further software updates. The existing ROM will continue to function, and with the bug fixes hunderteins has provided to both SSL and Bash the Streak should still be useful for some time to come. However, unless this is a secondary device for the reader, it's recommended to upgrade from the Streak to something new. As I mentioned, I am going to the Galaxy S4, mainly because it has more of everything compared to the Streak, but there are many other alternatives available in the 5-inch plus display segment. Many of them quite affordable if purchased on Swappa.

In the ROM itself, I thank everyone who had a hand in either Traveller DSC or PseudoCream, but I do have a few shoutouts to make.
@_n0p_ and the entire DSC team for creating DSC and the Phoenix kernel.
@hunderteins for providing his bug fixes to SSL and Bash, and for letting me include them in PseudoCream.
@TheManii for the wealth of knowledge he shared during his time here.

Special thanks go to each and every owner of a Streak, for keeping it alive when Dell wanted it to die. I wish you well.
Last edited by Strephon Alkhalikoi; 9th October 2014 at 04:44 PM.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strephon Alkhalikoi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogenmod 7 based., dsc
Previous Thread Next Thread