No OS installed - but can boot to Safestrap

159 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

Post Reply Email Thread
5th October 2014, 09:27 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question same issue
Okay i will start from the top. I have a note 3 on at&t that i used towel to root with. I downloaded su, busybox, safestrap,etc. Long story short i didnt back up when i wiped everything and i cannot get safestrap to laod any new rom, it states there is no os on the device. I then tried to use odin to reflash to stock and i get the smd header check failed message. Any help would be appreciated, I have also tried the mj5 recovery found here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...rev+check+fail) with odin and get the SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot]Fused 3 > Binary 2

5th October 2014, 09:53 AM |#12  
Flag ashland ky
Thanks Meter: 796

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theradioinside

Okay i will start from the top. I have a note 3 on at&t that i used towel to root with. I downloaded su, busybox, safestrap,etc. Long story short i didnt back up when i wiped everything and i cannot get safestrap to laod any new rom, it states there is no os on the device. I then tried to use odin to reflash to stock and i get the smd header check failed message. Any help would be appreciated, I have also tried the mj5 recovery found here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...rev+check+fail) with odin and get the SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot]Fused 3 > Binary 2

mj5 is 4.3 go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...files-t2838117
7th October 2014, 04:16 AM |#13  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrycoffman45

mj5 is 4.3 go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...files-t2838117

I tried those files as well and followed the same method step by step and it would not work. I am completely lost at this point.
7th October 2014, 02:01 PM |#14  

More
Quote:

I tried those files as well and followed the same method step by step and it would not work. I am completely lost at this point.

Perhaps I am missing something I downloaded all 5 files from mega, what is the fith file for the one that says n900aucucnc2_n900attcnc2_n900aucucnc2_home.tar.md5 ? I know where to properly place the other 4 files but im not certain about that one.
7th October 2014, 02:05 PM |#15  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 445

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Perhaps I am missing something I downloaded all 5 files from mega, what is the fith file for the one that says n900aucucnc2_n900attcnc2_n900aucucnc2_home.tar.md5 ? I know where to properly place the other 4 files but im not certain about that one.

The home file is all 4 files in 1. Just use the 4 individual files to install original NC2 firmware and wipe at the same time. Ignore the home file.
7th October 2014, 06:34 PM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro

The home file is all 4 files in 1. Just use the 4 individual files to install original NC2 firmware and wipe at the same time. Ignore the home file.

I tried that and I am goint to attempt to put the 4 in one on the ap spot, i think it says pda in odin.
7th October 2014, 06:38 PM |#17  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 445

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I tried that and I am goint to attempt to put the 4 in one on the ap spot, i think it says pda in odin.

Yes that would be correct. Using the home file is like using all 4 files only the home file doesn't wipe before installing. It installs firmware like an ota update would. I thought using the 4 files would reset you, and give you a clean install.
9th October 2014, 07:52 AM |#18  
Flag las vegas

More
I found the fix bro THANK ME I have the same problem and I stumbled to this

Go to this forum http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...44&postcount=2 and search for this word Quick Jump Start
follow the steps. YOU'RE WELCOME
9th October 2014, 06:19 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

see if you can fix it using the link in the above post if not let me know and I will back up my stock ATT KK 4.4.2 NC2 in safe strap after factory reset and I can send it to you. You can flash that and see if that works.

And what I understand is you started from stock 4.4.2 NC2 and than you towel root than installed SU and busybox and than installed the SS . After you went into SS, did you wipe the stock rom slot? Can you please explain in detail including each step so we know.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)