Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

No OS installed - but can boot to Safestrap

OP delfinparis

5th October 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Question same issue
Okay i will start from the top. I have a note 3 on at&t that i used towel to root with. I downloaded su, busybox, safestrap,etc. Long story short i didnt back up when i wiped everything and i cannot get safestrap to laod any new rom, it states there is no os on the device. I then tried to use odin to reflash to stock and i get the smd header check failed message. Any help would be appreciated, I have also tried the mj5 recovery found here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...rev+check+fail) with odin and get the SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot]Fused 3 > Binary 2
Last edited by theradioinside; 5th October 2014 at 09:34 AM.
5th October 2014, 09:53 AM   |  #12  
Flag ashland ky
Thanks Meter: 676

2,086 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theradioinside

Okay i will start from the top. I have a note 3 on at&t that i used towel to root with. I downloaded su, busybox, safestrap,etc. Long story short i didnt back up when i wiped everything and i cannot get safestrap to laod any new rom, it states there is no os on the device. I then tried to use odin to reflash to stock and i get the smd header check failed message. Any help would be appreciated, I have also tried the mj5 recovery found here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...rev+check+fail) with odin and get the SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot]Fused 3 > Binary 2

mj5 is 4.3 go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...files-t2838117
7th October 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #13  

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrycoffman45

mj5 is 4.3 go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...files-t2838117

I tried those files as well and followed the same method step by step and it would not work. I am completely lost at this point.
Last edited by theradioinside; 7th October 2014 at 04:23 AM.
7th October 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #14  

20 posts
Quote:

I tried those files as well and followed the same method step by step and it would not work. I am completely lost at this point.

Perhaps I am missing something I downloaded all 5 files from mega, what is the fith file for the one that says n900aucucnc2_n900attcnc2_n900aucucnc2_home.tar.md5 ? I know where to properly place the other 4 files but im not certain about that one.
7th October 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #15  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 420

1,203 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Perhaps I am missing something I downloaded all 5 files from mega, what is the fith file for the one that says n900aucucnc2_n900attcnc2_n900aucucnc2_home.tar.md5 ? I know where to properly place the other 4 files but im not certain about that one.

The home file is all 4 files in 1. Just use the 4 individual files to install original NC2 firmware and wipe at the same time. Ignore the home file.
7th October 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #16  

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro

The home file is all 4 files in 1. Just use the 4 individual files to install original NC2 firmware and wipe at the same time. Ignore the home file.

I tried that and I am goint to attempt to put the 4 in one on the ap spot, i think it says pda in odin.
7th October 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #17  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 420

1,203 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I tried that and I am goint to attempt to put the 4 in one on the ap spot, i think it says pda in odin.

Yes that would be correct. Using the home file is like using all 4 files only the home file doesn't wipe before installing. It installs firmware like an ota update would. I thought using the 4 files would reset you, and give you a clean install.
9th October 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #18  
Flag las vegas

1 posts
More
I found the fix bro THANK ME I have the same problem and I stumbled to this

Go to this forum http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...44&postcount=2 and search for this word Quick Jump Start
follow the steps. YOU'RE WELCOME
9th October 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 14

37 posts
Quote:

see if you can fix it using the link in the above post if not let me know and I will back up my stock ATT KK 4.4.2 NC2 in safe strap after factory reset and I can send it to you. You can flash that and see if that works.

And what I understand is you started from stock 4.4.2 NC2 and than you towel root than installed SU and busybox and than installed the SS . After you went into SS, did you wipe the stock rom slot? Can you please explain in detail including each step so we know.
Last edited by p2s246; 9th October 2014 at 06:28 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread