Tronsmart PS7 MTK6592 7" Phablet Unboxing, Review, and Root!

OP deadhp1

30th September 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #141  
Thanks Meter: 10

58 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by estuardo4

Wow! 13 different brands for the same phone. Everybody wants a piece of the action. If only they can unite and make a single ROM...

Anyway, I've installed the Mlais 0902 ROM and the Team Biscuit 0908 zip and I still have the same problems as before: I have a force quit dialog every time I try to open a multi-option menu on almost all of my installed apps. and the repeated letters using the keyboard. Other than that, it is as smooth as before, and the battery lasts for two days without problem.

Can you elaborate in your issue?
what App and what action? To check in mine, cause is weird beause i don't have any problema so far, and i did a dirty flash.
1st October 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #142  
Thanks Meter: 25

239 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsian0

Can you elaborate in your issue?
what App and what action? To check in mine, cause is weird beause i don't have any problema so far, and i did a dirty flash.

I have various examples. One is with ROM Toolbox, when I select a governor, I have an FC. I cannot open Hangout, with NFL Fantasy everytime I try to select a sidebar menu item I have a FC. On the youtube app. On Settings on the Apps tab. There are others, but those are the programs I use the most that have FC.

EDIT: I found out that Xposed (or one of the modules) was the culprit for my issues. As soon as I uninstalled Xposed, my menu item reappeared.

I recommend that you install the MTKteak V15. It is running really great. It's easier to use than manually changing governors and I/O Schedulers. It's in chinese, but if you used the translated V14, the first two pages on V15 are the same options.
Last edited by estuardo4; 6th October 2014 at 02:43 PM.
5th October 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #143  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 131

448 posts
He guys

Im having trouble with my screen. It often doesnt work... Think the digitizer isnt activated at some point when screen is onn.
Any way to help me out here? Anyone got a solution? I tried wiping dalvic, cache etc but that didnt work out
I got a ps7 tronsmart....

Thnx in advance guys

Regards
Axelman

Sent from my PS7 using XDA Free mobile app

EDIT:
Seems it only happens when i use the smartcover. Somehow the device doesnt wake up from deepsleep or something like that...

Regards
Axelman
Last edited by Axelman8; 6th October 2014 at 11:32 AM.
7th October 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #144  
Thanks Meter: 10

58 posts
What Rom do you have ? Stock? If yes, you should try one of the roms recommended here, they have less issues, I little bit more optimized.
Regards
7th October 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #145  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 131

448 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsian0

What Rom do you have ? Stock? If yes, you should try one of the roms recommended here, they have less issues, I little bit more optimized.
Regards

Hi dude

I got stock rom... Strange what is happening with this device. Suddenly it started to break down on me. I havent figgured it out if it is a software issue or a hardware issue. I think if it perfsists, i will open the device and look of there is a connector loose. If not , i would surely like your help on flashing this awesome device to a higher level rom.
I will report back in some time from now, but before that i will investigate the problem some more, necause the device is good as it is too me on 4.2.2. No errors besides this digitizer problem. Hope i wont have to open it up or flash it, because i am affraid i will get hoocked on flashing again, and i am cured for now...

Regards

Axelman

9th October 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #146  
Thanks Meter: 205

1,023 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelman8

Hi dude

I got stock rom... Strange what is happening with this device. Suddenly it started to break down on me. I havent figgured it out if it is a software issue or a hardware issue. I think if it perfsists, i will open the device and look of there is a connector loose. If not , i would surely like your help on flashing this awesome device to a higher level rom.
I will report back in some time from now, but before that i will investigate the problem some more, necause the device is good as it is too me on 4.2.2. No errors besides this digitizer problem. Hope i wont have to open it up or flash it, because i am affraid i will get hoocked on flashing again, and i am cured for now...

Regards

Axelman

Update in case of any value

still have the orient megaphone...just when i thought of ditching it has been working great!..the biggest complaint of constant switching and dropping signal is now past...quite accidentally i found (at least working for me so far across 3 roms tested (all JB though) ) is to use a regular deactivated sim card for the same number (though still recognizes number and carrier) in the regular slot and then the mini sim in the other slot (working one)..so happened I switched sims thinking the first one would work better (in mobileuncle shows wider frequencies for sim1 than for sim2)..but that did not do it (also was looking to interchange with an older phone that uses regular sim) Then got the mini sim or microsim as they call it but did not bother taking the old one out..well it works great...no more "no sim card in slot 1/2" and no more switching!...amazing!..now it says 3g not available in sim2 but do not know if that is a fact...but no complaints!...and color os is now my mainstay (or the 8/22 miui) both from biscuit..also color os latest version has speakerphone bug (when on speakerphone call actually gets muted and person at other end cannot hear) but smoother and better UI than version 1..so what did I do? I copied all system apks and framework files (no libs or anything else) from latest version to the old version (inside the zip itself)...and it flashed and runs great!

very happy with the device now..unexpectedly! (though still eyeing maybe dell venue 8 7000 when it comes out but that is a while and maybe something else may crop up..ideally a 7.9 would do but they tend to be wider with aspect ratio different or a sharp type bezel-less or min. bezel 8.3 inch device which may just be right...at the limit but yet big)
The Following User Says Thank You to mac231us For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th October 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #147  
Thanks Meter: 25

239 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac231us

very happy with the device now..unexpectedly! (though still eyeing maybe dell venue 8 7000 when it comes out but that is a while and maybe something else may crop up..ideally a 7.9 would do but they tend to be wider with aspect ratio different or a sharp type bezel-less or min. bezel 8.3 inch device which may just be right...at the limit but yet big)

I think that my ideal phone would be a 7" one, with the body like the Sharp 5" model you mentioned early in the thread. Any phone wider than 4" won't fit in my pants pocket, so I'll have to carry it with my hand or on a bag, and it makes using it inconvenient.

Thank you for posting the steps you take to make your phone usable with Color OS. I wish I could go back to 4.2.2, but it is a PITA to go back, so I won't.

One thing that I've noticed is that it takes ages for the custom ROM teams to produce new versions for these models. It seems that they just release a version and never tweak it. Really different to what I'm used to with the xda-developers ROMs. Oh well.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Hello,

It seems that the app MTZTweak (both V14 and V15) does not work if one is using the ART runtime. You can still modify the governors and I/O schedules, but you lose all the other mods. You have to remain at Dalvik runtime.

Just a quick FYI

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread