NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8-Gigabit RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

App request - stand alone alarm

OP adjenkins

1st October 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
There isnt a need for a stand alone alarm, atm its not possible. The Gear Fit isnt designed to have apps loaded on it, just on the phone & used via bluetooth.

I think an Ideal solution to this would be an Alarm App that can be downloaded as usual to the phone, and accessed on the Gear Fit.
For the Alarm to be 100% silent on the Phone (with no vibration either) but to vibrate on the Gear Fit - the settings for the alarm could be edited either on the phone or via the 'App Connect' feature on the Gear Fit....

I think this would give the solution people are wanting???
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkbellbird For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th October 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbellbird

There isnt a need for a stand alone alarm, atm its not possible. The Gear Fit isnt designed to have apps loaded on it, just on the phone & used via bluetooth.

I think an Ideal solution to this would be an Alarm App that can be downloaded as usual to the phone, and accessed on the Gear Fit.
For the Alarm to be 100% silent on the Phone (with no vibration either) but to vibrate on the Gear Fit - the settings for the alarm could be edited either on the phone or via the 'App Connect' feature on the Gear Fit....

I think this would give the solution people are wanting???

You can do this with the built in Alarm (via the Clock app) on your phone. Just make sure Alarm is checked under Instant Alerts in the Gear Fit Manager. You can even dismiss or snooze directly from the Gear Fit.
10th October 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
How do you get it to appear in the instant alerts? I only see incoming calls
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread