[Q] Moto G damaged - needs board change.

OP narayanand

10th October 2014, 12:33 PM   |  #21  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Question Able to attend call - But needs board change!
Thanks Narayanan, Rajen, and aayush_neov
Very helpful and quick responses.

Okay, so i got the phone back from Service Center(Trident, Chennai). These guys clearly said no way the phone can be brought back to life. Needs to change screen and mother board and could cost 80% of the phone's cost. When leaving they also said they could buy the phone for 1500 rupees. They may need the chips and some units that are working on the phone. I said i will think about it. (Sounded like a good deal though).

So this is what happened next. I was bored and worried in office, so gave a try by myself. I charged the phone from morning to afternoon (LED Blinked). Later in afternoon i put my sim card from my phone (Lumia 510, Moto E is Mom's) and turned it ON. Surprise surprise the phone did turn ON. Not the display, but i can see some blank white light glowing in the screen. So i called from my office phone and surprise surprise it RINGED. And the mic, speaker everything just worked fine.
Now tell me this - How could a phone declared to have dead Motherboard do this?

So i guess the issue is only with the display and It seems i am a better debugger than the service center folks.
1. Have anyone changed the screen for Moto E/G.
2. How much would that cost?
3. Should i go back to Trident or should i try somewhere else. (Sadly, they are the authorized folks.)

Thanks in advance for your responses!
10th October 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #22  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
Donate to Me
More
Red face great news that..
That's great news.. One of my friend had Moto G screen cracked and she checked with Motorola service center and they said it will cost her 4500. So I guess Moto E is bit small so would cost somewhere around 3500 to 4000. You can go for duplicate display screen which would cost you around 1500 to 2000. It hardly makes any difference in my point of view as long as u get it working normally.

The thing about service center people are, if your phone is under warranty(mine is under warranty and I guess yours too), the service center people don't make any money out of it so they would just check and tell that the motherboard is gone as they just want to get rid of you asap. That's what I think. So, always better to go to local service center when they say they cant do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjyvgns

Thanks Narayanan, Rajen, and aayush_neov
Very helpful and quick responses.

Okay, so i got the phone back from Service Center(Trident, Chennai). These guys clearly said no way the phone can be brought back to life. Needs to change screen and mother board and could cost 80% of the phone's cost. When leaving they also said they could buy the phone for 1500 rupees. They may need the chips and some units that are working on the phone. I said i will think about it. (Sounded like a good deal though).

So this is what happened next. I was bored and worried in office, so gave a try by myself. I charged the phone from morning to afternoon (LED Blinked). Later in afternoon i put my sim card from my phone (Lumia 510, Moto E is Mom's) and turned it ON. Surprise surprise the phone did turn ON. Not the display, but i can see some blank white light glowing in the screen. So i called from my office phone and surprise surprise it RINGED. And the mic, speaker everything just worked fine.
Now tell me this - How could a phone declared to have dead Motherboard do this?

So i guess the issue is only with the display and It seems i am a better debugger than the service center folks.
1. Have anyone changed the screen for Moto E/G.
2. How much would that cost?
3. Should i go back to Trident or should i try somewhere else. (Sadly, they are the authorized folks.)

Thanks in advance for your responses!

The Following User Says Thank You to joshirajen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
circuit board, water damage
Previous Thread Next Thread