How-To : disable/remove HTC customizations

Search This thread

lpaso

Apr 28, 2006
Papeete
Hi everyone :)

Well, I decided to create this thread because I really don't like HTC customizations and wanted to regroup all the way to disable or remove them.

So, if you're like me, or if you just want a true "Microsoft Windows Phone" then...

Let's go !

- Disable HTC Notification Manager :
HKLM\Services\NotificationManager\Flags = 4

- Disable HTC Notifications Enhancer :
HKLM\System\Shell\Notification\OEM\UseDefaultUI = 1
or
Remove HKLM\System\Shell\Notification\OEM

- Disable HTC Menu :
HKLM\System\GWE\Menu\CUIHandler = 0

- Disable HTC Date Picker :
Remove the key : HKLM\System\GWE\Commctrl\CustomDateTimeCtrl

- Disable HTC Task Icons (battery, signal level...) & Pin Dialer :
Remove the key : HKLM\Security\ResOver\Bitmaps

- Disable HTC Volume :
HKLM\Services\HTCVOLUME\Flags = 4

- Disable HTC CommManager (from Notification bar) :
HKLM\ControlPanel\WrlsMgr\Redirect = ":MSWRLSMGR"

- Enable MS SmartDial :
Remove HKLM\Security\Phone\SmartDial\UI

- Disable HTC Dialer :
HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin\Enabled = 0

TRICK : when you disable HTC Dialer, you lose the auto screen off function using the proximity sensor. But if you want to have the WM Dialer + auto screen off, you can edit this registry key :
HKML\System\State\Phone\PSensorStatus = 1

WARNING : this registry key goes to default (0) after a soft reset. I've made a little mortscript ("Psensor.mscr") that put the PSensorStatus value to "1" when a call is made for the first time after a soft reset. Install Mortscript first, then put Psensor.mscr in your "\Windows\Startup" folder.

- Disable HTC Messaging App :
Use "Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.cab"

- Disable HTC Contact Chooser :
Remove keys "HKLM\Security\Contacts\Chooser" & "HKLM\Security\Contacts\PropertyPicker"

- Disable HTC Font in Start Menu :
Remove key "HKLM\Security\Shell\StartMenu"

- Remove HTC Battery & Backlight :
Copy the content of "HTCBB.zip" in your Windows directory and overwrite the files.

- Remove HTC Device Info :
Copy the content of "HTCDI.zip" in your Windows directory and overwrite the files.

- Get MS Keyboard (or others MS SIP) back (thanks to mnet - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=604023) :
HKLM\Software\HTC\ezsip\SIPMenuEnableMSSIP = 1
then

Keyboard -> HKCR\CLSID\{42429667-ae04-11d0-a4f8-00aa00a749b9}\IsSIPInputMethod\Default = 1
Block Recognizer -> HKCR\CLSID\{42429691-ae04-11d0-a4f8-00aa00a749b9}\IsSIPInputMethod\Default = 1
Letter Recognizer -> HKCR\CLSID\{42429667-ae04-11d0-a4f8-00aa00a749b9}\IsSIPInputMethod\Default = 1
Transcriber -> HKCR\CLSID\{F0034DD0-2AD4-11d1-9CB0-E84BE8000000}\IsSIPInputMethod\Default = 1
Phone Pad -> HKCR\CLSID\{51A2CB38-154E-4C92-A625-A83871C99EC2}\IsSIPInputMethod\Default = 1

To be continued...

Attachments

• HTCBB.zip
    33.6 KB · Views: 240
  • HTCDI.zip
    25.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Psensor.zip
    255 bytes · Views: 210
Last edited:

saulo866

Mar 19, 2004
Beijing
Dear LPaso

Thanks a lot for this thread...I am too very willing to destroy any residual presence of HTC!

Still I am unable to restore the full MS Outlook Contact (as I PM to you earlier)...please can you look into this issue?

Thanks a lot
Saulo866

Bobanovicz

Dec 17, 2008
Prague
When I disabled a HTC Dialer and pick up the call, my screen looks like this.
Outgoing call looks ok.

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 272

globalgpj

Aug 26, 2006
Australia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
How do I install the proximity file ? I am not familiar with mscr format.

I also like this app ?

Will we have to wait for Miri cooks your reg tweak suggestion into the xtralight ROM before we get this prox app to fully work automatically ?

Thanks for all your tweaks. I will have a look at them in detail.

vicstarman

Mar 12, 2010
Portland
Thanks for this quick solution! However, I must admit being a newbie in this arena and have to ask something probably very obvious to everyone else on this site.
I loved the idea of receiving text messages as text-to-voice, via bluetooth. So I installed your cab and it worked like a charm to remove HTCs text message interface. But I don't know how to make the text messages come through as audible voice to bluetooth (or through the speakerphone either). Are their settings in the phone I must change? I tried pressing menu within the text message thread, looking for a command setting. No luck.

Ideas? Answers?
Thanks much!!

vic starman

*update: I have gone into voice command controls under Settings. All tic boxes are checked, and "Enabled" is checked. Under Notification Options, I also have the box for "announce notifications using bluetooth hands free if available" checked.

*next day update: Also just realized that by making this change, it disabled the ability to send voicenotes as mms from my device (phone). Now the only option when I press to send the voice message is to send using one of my email accounts. It forces me to select an email account, and if I select "send as mms" anyway, it forces me into a page to set up a new email account.

Can I simply uninstall your change to return my old HTC settings? Or did I remove them entirely by making this change?
Thanks for your help!!!

NT

Still not receiving texts via voice. Help! :)

Last edited:

HD2of4

Apr 4, 2010
Graz
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
i tryd it.. there is no mms support with this WM sms view..
that mod solfes the problem of long sms loading times from HTC messaging, if there are lots of messages in a thread. but no mms support to send quick a picture or file.. ;/
threaded view is via reg edit also posible.

but, thnx! still a good alternativ for htc sms :)

edit:
next prob ;) after unsinstalling, allways the outlook app opens instead of the htc messaging tool.. ;/ hard rest >_<

Last edited:

PES13

Oct 23, 2005
Aix en Provence
i tryd it.. there is no mms support with this WM sms view..
that mod solfes the problem of long sms loading times from HTC messaging, if there are lots of messages in a thread. but no mms support to send quick a picture or file.. ;/
threaded view is via reg edit also posible.

but, thnx! still a good alternativ for htc sms :)

edit:
next prob ;) after unsinstalling, allways the outlook app opens instead of the htc messaging tool.. ;/ hard rest >_<

You've founded a real solution for MMS's problem with Windows messaging ?
I need it ...

DJChameleon

Nov 21, 2006
Seattle, WA
MMS Greyed Out

I am happy with reverting to WM default messaging client but would really like to get the MMS function working. I tried to send a quick pic and had to resort to email. Not the end of the world but annoying. My guess is a reg edit will fix this but I'm not daft enough to find it. Hopefully, one of the many XDA geniuses will sort this out.