Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Carbon KitKat 4.4.4[GEE][7/27/14]

OP latrotoxin1986

6th August 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 4

37 posts
More
I have a problem with microphone volume, when headset was plugged. During recording and calling I didn't hear almost anything.. Any solutions?
6th August 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #72  
Flag Ponta Delgada
Thanks Meter: 1,420

2,226 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by becreative

I have a problem with microphone volume, when headset was plugged. During recording and calling I didn't hear almost anything.. Any solutions?

Use faux sound or trickster mod itself to control volume levels.
8th August 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 75

271 posts
More
Hi @latrotoxin86, any update coming soon?

Is it possible to update camera driver from latest stock rom? a user in another thread reported that quality is better than custom rom
The Following User Says Thank You to m4dbra1n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #74  
Flag Ponta Delgada

2,226 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4dbra1n

Hi @latrotoxin86, any update coming soon?

Is it possible to update camera driver from latest stock rom? a user in another thread reported that quality is better than custom rom

Yes, was this abandoned? It's the best ROM out there...

If someone made a tutorial, I'd build this everyday for the next month, as I'm in vacation
11th September 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #75  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
More
any chance for update?
17th September 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #76  
Flag Ponta Delgada

2,226 posts
More
Well, I went ahead and am in the process of building this ROM, gee version.

I already did a repo sync with carbondev (took all night, finished just this morning, but now I gotta go to work). I think I messed up already, I didn't add vendor, device tree and kernel of gee before doing the repo sync. I should have done this before, right?

I want to use jollaman's kernel, device and vendor stuff, can anyone point me on how to add that to my build environment, considering I already did a successful repo sync with carbondev?

Mind you, this is my first time ever doing this kind of stuff, a detailed guide would be amazing.

I promise, If I'm successful in this, I'll post updates at least once every week.

Thank you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fjsferreira For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th September 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #77  
Thanks Meter: 40

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjsferreira

I want to use jollaman's kernel, device and vendor stuff, can anyone point me on how to add that to my build environment, considering I already did a successful repo sync with carbondev?

I've been running a carbon build I made both on my e975 and on my nexus 7 for several months now and didn't feel the need to update. last time I tried to build it my cpu reached 90 degrees and the laptop shutdown .
what I did was to add a default.xml under .repo/local_manifests. it contains the following:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="Kevindeving/android_device_lge_e975" path="device/lge/e975" remote="gh" revision="kk" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/lge-kernel-gproj" path="kernel/lge/gproj" remote="cm" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_gproj-common" path="device/lge/gproj-common" remote="cm" revision="cm-11.0" />
<!--
  <project path="hardware/qcom/fm" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_fm" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project path="packages/apps/FM2" name="legaCyMod/android_packages_apps_FM2" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="lge-kernel-gproj" path="kernel/lge/gproj" remote="cr" revision="kk" />
-->
</manifest>
remotes gh and cm are defined in the main manifest. I tried to add also FM support but compilation keeps failing.
when you will run lunch, brunch or whatever build command it will add entries for the same projects in roomservice.xml and will try to get them from the cr remote and it will fail because they don't exist there. I just removed roomservice.xml and called make.
23rd September 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #78  
Flag Ponta Delgada

2,226 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonty

I've been running a carbon build I made both on my e975 and on my nexus 7 for several months now and didn't feel the need to update. last time I tried to build it my cpu reached 90 degrees and the laptop shutdown .
what I did was to add a default.xml under .repo/local_manifests. it contains the following:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="Kevindeving/android_device_lge_e975" path="device/lge/e975" remote="gh" revision="kk" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/lge-kernel-gproj" path="kernel/lge/gproj" remote="cm" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_gproj-common" path="device/lge/gproj-common" remote="cm" revision="cm-11.0" />
<!--
  <project path="hardware/qcom/fm" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_fm" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project path="packages/apps/FM2" name="legaCyMod/android_packages_apps_FM2" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="lge-kernel-gproj" path="kernel/lge/gproj" remote="cr" revision="kk" />
-->
</manifest>
remotes gh and cm are defined in the main manifest. I tried to add also FM support but compilation keeps failing.
when you will run lunch, brunch or whatever build command it will add entries for the same projects in roomservice.xml and will try to get them from the cr remote and it will fail because they don't exist there. I just removed roomservice.xml and called make.

Thank you, I'm trying to build gee instead of gproj though (to get stock camera drivers).

I'm now building roms sucessfully, already built aokp and aicp with jollaman's gee vendor and device stuff.
But both roms I get a lot of these errors. Can anyone figure out how to fix these?

http://pastebin.com/Nv6DjyRk
10th October 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #79  
Thanks Meter: 4

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjsferreira

Thank you, I'm trying to build gee instead of gproj though (to Can anyone figure out how to fix these?
http://pastebin.com/Nv6DjyRk

I look like a not or wrong mounted "root" device. Look selinux was able to read the configuration an some millisecond after the first "[3.474365 / 09-23 03:24:24.531] init: could not import file '/init.recovery.geehrc.rc' from '/init.rc'" error occurs. My hint look for the filessystem/device definitions.

my $2, Dromaius

The Following User Says Thank You to dromaius For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread