[RECOVERY][m8whl] TWRP 2.8.0.1 touch recovery [2014-09-12]

OP Dees_Troy

10th October 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 1,981

2,399 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer

You can use the app Flashify to install the latest recovery once you've downloaded it to your phone. You can also put the recovery IMG file in your ADB/Fastboot folder and flash using the command "fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery" (without quotation marks). Do this while connected via Fastboot USB mode while in the bootloader. There are also directions on the TWRP site how to install the recovery. If the recovery file is a ZIP file you can install it the same way you would a firmware update, by renaming the file 0P6BIMG and placing it on your external SD card, then rebooting to the bootloader. Select the Hboot option, allow the bootloader to scan for the ZIP file, then follow the on-screen instructions.

Theres also "TWRP Manager (root) " by JMZ on Play Store, specificaly for TeamWin recoverys. Just throwin it out there.
10th October 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #52  
Flag Cane Ridge, Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 133

1,604 posts
More
Tried TWRP Manager, doesn't have the latest version...........it has v2.8.0.2 which will wipe your sdcard upon factory reset.
10th October 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #53  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 1,950

3,639 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlzanej

Theres also "TWRP Manager (root) " by JMZ on Play Store, specificaly for TeamWin recoverys. Just throwin it out there.

There are a few out there. I just threw out the name of the one I was familiar with
The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th October 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #54  

2,399 posts
On 2.8.0.3 for the last few days, pretty great so far. Only thing, a little screen tearing booting into recovery. Tried re-downloading and reflashing (flashify) with the same issue. No performance issues at all just the little tearing. Anyone else notice this? Not a deal breaker, just mentioning.
12th October 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #55  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 9,941

11,211 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlzanej

On 2.8.0.3 for the last few days, pretty great so far. Only thing, a little screen tearing booting into recovery. Tried re-downloading and reflashing (flashify) with the same issue. No performance issues at all just the little tearing. Anyone else notice this? Not a deal breaker, just mentioning.

It's a known issue. I would say it's not even worth mentioning. Just don't look at recovery when it boots.

And I wouldn't call it screen tearing; it's really just a very brief graphical glitch.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th October 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #56  

2,399 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

It's a known issue. I would say it's not even worth mentioning. Just don't look at recovery when it boots.

And I wouldn't call it screen tearing; it's really just a very brief graphical glitch.

Thanks Cap
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread