Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Lost adb shell access to my bricked iPhone clone

OP jimrin

4th January 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

27 posts
If you guys don't mind, I'll create separate posts even though it is related to unbricking my iPhone i5s clone as each post contains unique questions. I think it's better than having a single post which has a mish mash of questions. The last post was related how to get the MediaTek Preloader COM driver working so I can use SP Flash Tool.

Fortunately, getting SU access and allowing debugging was one of the things I did do on the phone before I bricked it. I call it "bricked" but it is a boot loop. It is able to display the logo image, but then nothing. Actually, not really a boot loop as I have no evidence that it is repeating itself. For example, I don't see the logo reappar. At any rate, I have found that I have ADB and SU access to my phone.

The last thing I recall doing before my phone was bricked was trying to load the Xperia Swipe keyboard. This is odd that this would cause the boot loop, but anyway, perhaps I did something else like accidentally change the permissions on one of the system folders to something it should not be?

When checking permissions in the system folder, I found:

d---rwxr-x system sdcard_rw 2009-12-31 19:53 app
d---rwxr-x system sdcard_rw 2013-12-23 00:08 lib

So I used chmod to change permissions to 644. Well, that didn't seem to solve anything after rebooting.

Unfortunately, now after rebooting, I cannot even get into adb shell.

C:\Program Files\adb_win>adb shell
soinfo_link_image(linker.cpp:1647): could not load library "libc.so" needed by "
/system/bin/sh"; caused by load_library(linker.cpp:757): library "libc.so" not f
oundCANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE

And unfortunately, giving adb superuser permission is something I had not done, so I cannot perform an "adb remount".

Update: Well, this may be a bit academic as I was able to get the MediaTek Preloader COM to be recognized so I could use SP Flash Tool to flash a new ROM... but at the moment, the phone isn't doing anything. But I am curious... When I performed ls -l to see the permissions, the column next to "system" says

sdcard_rw

whereas the other folders in the system folder said "root". Does this have any significance? Or just some type of information?
Last edited by jimrin; 4th January 2014 at 06:49 AM.
12th October 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Same problem.

My phone have a recovery with sideload option. I'm trying to generate a update.zip that fix the permissions problem, but the zip not works.
I only see the error "Installation aborted"

Any idea about the error on this zip file?
Attached Files
File Type: zip update-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (124.6 KB, 2 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread