5,594,221 Members 44,089 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TouchXperience UI for Windows phones

Tip us?

schaps
Old
(Last edited by schaps; 31st March 2010 at 11:29 PM.) Reason: New apps available
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Smile TouchXperience UI for Windows phones

Hello,
I didnít come here since a long time so I came back to give you fresh news about TouchXperience. There are some rumors over here that TouchXperience project was abandoned, let me tell you that is untrue. I am working on it relentlessly since 2 years now and believe me or not, it is coming soon. I wanted to deliver a touch user interface at the level of what exists on iPhone and other Androids, as you can imagine it was a hard challenge... I hope the video demos will impress you:

http://www.touchxperience.com/

First of all I would like to thank all of you who supported me and trusted me since the beginning of this project, I also apologize for the too long wait, but it was a really huge work and I had to face so many problems that I had to delay the release continuously. Several times I wanted to give up but I promised you I will achieve this project so I did it.

There were a lot of changes compared to the first demos I showed on last year, especially a new graphic engine which benefits from hardware acceleration to deliver a smooth and high level 3D UI. But the basis remains the same: the user interface has many panels easily accessible and highly customizable and those panels can contain widgets or menus. TouchXperience offers hundred of widgets and menu items, also built-in menus which replace traditional system menus or add some nice functionalities: applications, documents, widgets, settings, messaging, contacts, tasks, appointments, call log, events, task manager, file explorer, games, Internet, search, notifications, favorites, communications, profiles, Wi-Fi networks, data connections, Bluetooth devices, ActiveSync partnerships, network, media library, photos, RSS feeds, installed applications, recent applications, ringtones, web radios, Xbox Live,... Everything is fully customizable, contents as well as graphics, you can even use interactive backgrounds which animate, as you can see on video, depending on touch pressure, ambient light, time, battery level, tilt level, or other system parameters... If you have any interesting idea please let me know.

TouchXperience will be open to developers (even beginners) who could develop their own widgets and other plugins. At the moment TouchXperience is exclusively available to beta testers and donators.

My other applications will be publicly available in the following weeks, I didnít tell you much about it but these are applications I released to private beta testers on last summer, unfortunately I didnít have time to care of it until now. For those of you who are interested I published some screenshots on my FlickR account.

I hope I gave you a good reason to keep on with Windows Mobile!

New applications are publicly available on www.touchxperience.com : Time Synchronizer, File Editor, TouchPaint, Capture Tool, Security Manager.
More will come later...
The Following User Says Thank You to schaps For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tramane
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
SCHAPS!!
I thought it was abandonded too.
I LOVED your roms, and left to blackberry, then to android and came back to TP2
So its good to know Your still in the game!!
Tmo G1>> Mytouch 3g>>Tmo N1 >> Alltel Desire(c) >> Sprint EVO4g >> Epic 4G >> Samsung Galaxy S2 EPIC TOUCH 4G >> Samsung Vibrant T-mobile >> HTC Sensation >> UNLOCKED GALAXY NEXUS >> Galaxy Note >> Galaxy S3 >> Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 7

Flashaholic!

http://Gplus.to/Mrlatepass

owz206
Old
Thanks Meter 1
WOW, Thanks Schaps, been looking forward to this UI since I had my Diamond, now you can really uleash the beauty of this beast on the HD2.

Waiting in anticipation.

vicie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
wooow awsome, but that's my problem,. Can my elfin run this?
A windows phone 7 Samsung omnia

A happy waver, with google wave.

Just a foolish nobe, that's what I am

cookzitall
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default wow

watched the video...looks awesome...

what is the e.t.a on this?

pilgrim011
Old
Thanks Meter 324
That looks just great, schaps. I've been waiting for this since my Hermes days. I just want to tell you that your "old" apps like AdvancedConfig are still something that practically every WinMo phone owner is using.
SGS2 & HTC Desire

subsparx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Wow, I'm highly impressed, that looks amazing. Is this going to be HD2 specific or will it run on something like a HTC Pure (Diamond 2)

da_mafkeez
Old
Thanks Meter 0
looks great, is this for htc only or also for samsung omnia II and Pro smartphones?

will it be free for download? (with donations)

DaveShaw
Old
Retired Senior Moderator + Wiki Bureaucrat
Thanks Meter 347
Julien,

I always knew you would get this finished. Congratulations on what looks like the best thing to hit Win Mo in a long time.

Can't wait to see this in action.

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

All the best,
Dave
--Retired.

wacky.banana
Old
Moderator Committee
Thanks Meter 587
Julien,

GREAT to see you back!! I tried sending you a message at christmas over at your TouchXperience site but found it down so I assumed you had given up.

Forget the coding; from a human to human perspective, and what we know of some of the personal difficulties you have had to overcome, welcome back!!

Best news I have had for ages...

All the best,

WB

Current Device - Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Previous Devices - HTC Sensation, Various Nokia Phones, Sony Z5 & Z7, Palm PDA, Sony P900, HTC Tytn, HTC HD2 (legendary device), HTC Desire, HTC Desire HD

Food for thought:
"Motor vehicles are NOT inherently dangerous; the problem lies with the faulty nut behind the wheel...."

"Children need roots to make them fly.."

"Never judge someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes but make sure the shoes fit first...."

"Never look down on another human being unless you are there to help them get back up again..."

"Why do ships carry cargo but cars carry shipments?."

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe