Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Solved] MMS Compression

OP TheEmpyre

14th June 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
454 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Hello all...my question is if anyone knows of a mod available to boost the maximum size of MMS or change the amount that photos are compressed? I have many friends who notice my pictures look like garbage when I send it to them via MMS. Especially when zooming in on the photo. I have compared side by side and it's not the 4 MP camera, it's definitely the compression. I checked in my settings and i have the maximum size available selected.

I am running skyfall ROM by iBastid, s-off, rooted with elemental 0.18 sense kernel.

Thanks All for any suggestions on how to get some better MMS quality!
Last edited by TheEmpyre; 16th June 2014 at 01:02 AM.
15th June 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
273 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
I don't have an answer for you in regards to the stock messaging app but all I can recommend to you is to use Google Hangouts for MMS.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th June 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
454 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
I tried using the hangouts app is well and I had no success with it as far as changing the compression of pictures.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
16th June 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
454 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Discovered the world of XPOSED today and the Sense 6 toolbox has a mod to increase MMS size up to 1000k, problem solved!
11th August 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmpyre

Discovered the world of XPOSED today and the Sense 6 toolbox has a mod to increase MMS size up to 1000k, problem solved!

FYI, this doesn't solve your problem. It just raises the max size, but the Messaging app still compresses down to ridiculous amounts. You might have noticed, before you even adjusted your max size, it wasn't even sending 300k, it compresses down to like 70k.

I still get stuff like 90k/1000k in most cases. It is garbage. Only way I can see right now is to use a different messaging app, but I would prefer to use the stock app.
11th August 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
454 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkneke

FYI, this doesn't solve your problem. It just raises the max size, but the Messaging app still compresses down to ridiculous amounts. You might have noticed, before you even adjusted your max size, it wasn't even sending 300k, it compresses down to like 70k.

I still get stuff like 90k/1000k in most cases. It is garbage. Only way I can see right now is to use a different messaging app, but I would prefer to use the stock app.

Yeah I noticed the same thing, still garbage. I just never posted back. I am able to get some pictures to post with 800k but most are like 80 or 90. Haven't found any good solution at all

Sent from my HTC One_M8
11th August 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmpyre

Yeah I noticed the same thing, still garbage. I just never posted back. I am able to get some pictures to post with 800k but most are like 80 or 90. Haven't found any good solution at all

Sent from my HTC One_M8

I put in a feature request on the sense toolbox page. Maybe they can figure it out.
13th October 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
I am beyond irritated with this same issue. It's not Tmobile that's compressing ititit's the phone. If you attached a pic that is less than 1000K (ex. 900K),it doesn't compress. But if youuuse a pic over 1000K, it compresses the heck out of it to like 150K. HTC needs to provide a fix for this!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes