Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] I need help unlocking my Spring Galaxy S4 mini SPH-L520

OP Kittypoop2

27th May 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 174

473 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorl4

Do you think it would work if we flashed a custom room almost like they did with the s4?

Its worth a try.
15th July 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Unhappy Nothing works :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickvic30

Its worth a try.

That's not working either. I have installed Cyanogenmod following:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2669991
but no signal trying to cannot on GSM network.

I have also tried:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2530610
but of course that didn't work too, and since Sprint unlock codes doesn't work either it looks like we are stuck

My baseband is L520VPUAMK1.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Cheers!
16th July 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #13  
Flag Valsad/Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 17

125 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittypoop2

So, I'm a total beginner with regards to understanding how to mod your cell phone, but I am tech savvy. I've spent the last week of my life attempting to understand how to Sim unlock my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 mini Sph-L520 so that I would be able to use a prepaid Straight Talk wireless card with it. At first, I thought the process was going to be rather simple. I thought I could just buy a code online. Turns out that this phone isn't a GSM phone, so this type of unlocking isn't possible. I next heard as tip about getting my phone flashed, but apparently flashing is just installing another operating system on your phone. Though I could see how that might be able get around the Sim Unlock, if possible I would like to keep this stock OS. Also, I'm not certain if flashing my phone would automatically enable me to use another carrier. I then learned what rooting was. Though I now understand that I could simply use Kingo to root my phone, I don't know how that would allow me to use another carrier. So i've spent my last week or so understanding all this new terminology, but I still don't have a definitive answer. I really want to thank this board for existing because I've learned a tremendous amount just reading these threads. So if anyone could help me out here that would be great!

Sprint L520 S4 mini is completely unlocked for use of any CDMA 1x/evdo/4G LTE services in the world. Carriers like Smartfren, Intertelekom, Reliance, Tata and MTS will work flawlessly on this phone. Only read its SPC code, make it RUIM only from DFS and insert any CDMA carrier's SIM
12th September 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 5

45 posts
I olso bin interested next week I will get a Samsung s4 mini locked Drei (from Autria) I dont still know witch will be the firmware installed but I found a few links+ video (and I think they got something reading this forum I dont know rules if is ageinst then sorry and remove it,I will post a video from youtube I think taht is very clear (also written another way to get in service menu) this is link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl8y8D6ECCA I ripit not sure if that works but if u reade somebody posted another way to entr service not evan sure if that work olso with the mini version (i hope so olso for me ) but if the handy are similar maybe yes the only problem can be the firmare version (and taht is olso my problem i cant fine any downgrade firmware for Drei brand s 4 mini,olso if I unlock it sure I will louse warrenty.
Let me know if the link was usefull for u
Take care
Helen

13th October 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
galaxy s4 mini sph-L520
hello
How to convert galaxy s4 mini sph-L520 in gsm for France?
kind regards
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread