Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Tethering functional via FoxFi/PdaNet (Bluetooth)

OP speckledpig

19th June 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 15

94 posts
Foxfi only work for me with USB tether. Hopefully there will be a walk around this soon.
22nd June 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 4

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae

Foxfi only work for me with USB tether. Hopefully there will be a walk around this soon.

Same here. Posting this from my laptop which is USB tethered to my SM-G900A running Foxfi and rooted with towelroot.
6th October 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
foxfi problem
Has anyone had issues with foxfi timing out? Thanks
7th October 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 17

248 posts
i installed foxfi unroot full version but it connects then disconnect automatically telling me no internet or sim invalid ?

i am coming form S$ and never had a problem is there a work around

my phone is not rooted as there is no root from what i can tell for ATT GM-900A

Thanks
13th October 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speckledpig

I have been monkeying with this for a while, and yall have probably seen my frustrated posts regarding the loss of tethering functionality with my new GS5. I had been using a rooted GS2 for a couple years (with my unlimited MEW1 plan) and could tether with no problem. Switching to the carrier-branded GS5 (even though ATT allowed my data plan to carry over) has been a learning experience.

Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know that this morning I was finally able to get tethering working via FoxFi on my GS5 and PdaNet Tablet on my old GS2. I left the devices unpaired in Bluetooth settings, then started the bluetooth tether on FoxFi, then went through the PdaNet Tablet configuration. It found my GS5 and paired, then connected. I verified by visiting a website and testing some apps.

The whole point of this exercise was to get Ingress working so my son can play with me. He has my GS2 now. Not having tethering thus far has been the only missing piece of the puzzle, but this is a good workaround until root is achieved.

I assume this would also work on an Android tablet, but I haven't tried that yet because my old Transformer's charger has failed. I will also experiment with a laptop & bluetooth dongle, and also my iPad.

Good luck!

I did this exact scenario and even though it says its connected, I am unable to surf the web on my tablet. Probably gonna end up biting the bullet and changing my AT&T account to one without unlimited data.
13th October 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mobile, AL
Thanks Meter: 11

326 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roppolo

I did this exact scenario and even though it says its connected, I am unable to surf the web on my tablet. Probably gonna end up biting the bullet and changing my AT&T account to one without unlimited data.

I was able to use the towelroot app to root my S5 and kill the ATT provisioning processes via Titanium Backup.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bluetooth, galaxy s5 at&t, galaxy s5 tethering, tethering
Previous Thread Next Thread