Flag Springfield Gardens
Thanks Meter: 166

674 posts
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53759473

Proper way to unlock ZVD
25th September 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #772  
Thanks Meter: 1

179 posts
Will cloudys g3 ROM work with this unlock method?
25th September 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #773  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 57

180 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb337

Will cloudys g3 ROM work with this unlock method?

Cloudys roms don't need any unlock method. They work with gsm/wcdma out of the box. You just need to flash first ls980 kk baseband. The same happens with any aosp/cm rom you can find in the general g2 android development forum, but with these roms you have to go after booting to phone info *#*#4636*#*# in the dial pad and set to gsm only or auto gsm/wcdma then you go to settings mobile networks and there you find some settings as well. You set rui sim and home (something like that) and reboot. Some roms have other options in that field as well, like preferred network, there chose global or 3g and reboot. Then your sim will be recognized and unlocked. If this don't work first time, try again.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Sp_Ark; 25th September 2014 at 10:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sp_Ark For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2014, 09:37 AM   |  #774  

179 posts
Thanks for your help
25th September 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #775  

64 posts
i recently bought an LS980 from my local market here in Pakistan, Its seems to be unlocked as it is running all the local sims flawlessly,but whenever i restart the fone i recieve a "handsfree sim Activation" dialog and then gives an error. Whn i click ok then fone works normal after that.The firmware is ZV8 and is Rooted as well as i can use Root explorer with ease.

Is it because it is still not fullily activated? Also when i try to use this method in the first post, everything works correctly but when i click on ADB, i see my fones name i.e. LG 980, but if i click on this then i cannot see Any File , just blank. i am using Total commander provided in the first post. i want to copy carrier folders but unless i see the fone contents in Total commander i cant do anythin

Please help Anyone!
25th September 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #776  

103 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baz00ka

i recently bought an LS980 from my local market here in Pakistan, Its seems to be unlocked as it is running all the local sims flawlessly,but whenever i restart the fone i recieve a "handsfree sim Activation" dialog and then gives an error. Whn i click ok then fone works normal after that.The firmware is ZV8 and is Rooted as well as i can use Root explorer with ease.

Is it because it is still not fullily activated? Also when i try to use this method in the first post, everything works correctly but when i click on ADB, i see my fones name i.e. LG 980, but if i click on this then i cannot see Any File , just blank. i am using Total commander provided in the first post. i want to copy carrier folders but unless i see the fone contents in Total commander i cant do anythin

Please help Anyone!

why do you need to copy the TC when you are already unlocked? just go to systems, apps or search for OmaDmclient.apk, rename it and add .bak in the end, the activation screen will go away. like this
OmaDmclient.apk.bak
26th September 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #777  
Thanks Meter: 84

552 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp_Ark

Cloudys roms don't need any unlock method. They work with gsm/wcdma out of the box. You just need to flash first ls980 kk baseband. The same happens with any aosp/cm rom you can find in the general g2 android development forum, but with these roms you have to go after booting to phone info *#*#4636*#*# in the dial pad and set to gsm only or auto gsm/wcdma then you go to settings mobile networks and there you find some settings as well. You set rui sim and home (something like that) and reboot. Some roms have other options in that field as well, like preferred network, there chose global or 3g and reboot. Then your sim will be recognized and unlocked. If this don't work first time, try again.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I'm on stock rooted & SIM unlocked ZVC. When I type *#*#4636*#*# in the dialer, nothing happens. I can't even check my IMEI with *#06#. Please help. @pvinodnayak @ysabxe
Last edited by nukeman239; 26th September 2014 at 11:01 AM.
13th October 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #778  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello, I have unlocked my Sprint LG G2 with ZV8. Do you know if it still will be unlocked if I upgrade to ZVD ?(or ZVC) ? On ZVC I could not unlock my phone so I had to downgrade to ZV8.
13th October 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #779  
Flag Merida, Mexico
Thanks Meter: 20

397 posts
Donate to Me
More
Unce you upgrade you need to do all again

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread