OP Franzie3

29th September 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #281  
OP Senior Member
Wappingers Falls, NY
Thanks Meter: 333

615 posts
Donate to Me
More
You can use RootCloak, its an Xposed module. you can select it as an app to be hidden from root privileges
30th September 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #282  
Thanks Meter: 16

149 posts
More
nevermind I'm dumb
30th September 2014, 09:29 AM   |  #283  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
What's the best way to stop the update on my phone it already downloaded it unattended as I'm a noob totally thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
8th October 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #284  
Thanks Meter: 3

42 posts
Guys - I have an unlimited data plan and I want to upgrade to a new phone. I was wondering if I'd be able to get free WiFi or USB Tethering with the S5.

I really hate the locked bootloader but I don't think there are any other alternatives for Verizon (I'm not going iPhone).

Thanks for the help!
10th October 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #285  
OP Senior Member
Wappingers Falls, NY
Thanks Meter: 333

615 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'd wait it out. There a decent amount of devices coming oout within the next month. Droid Turbo, Nexus 6, Note 4, Xperia Z3. Unless you are 100% set on the S5, i'd hold out just so you can see what comes of these devices
The Following User Says Thank You to Franzie3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th October 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #286  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 246

1,060 posts
More
Thank you to OP. The revisions were perfect. My phone has never been happier.
13th October 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #287  
Thanks Meter: 30

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stvnx7

Guys - I have an unlimited data plan and I want to upgrade to a new phone. I was wondering if I'd be able to get free WiFi or USB Tethering with the S5.

I really hate the locked bootloader but I don't think there are any other alternatives for Verizon (I'm not going iPhone).

Thanks for the help!

Yes, you can get fee WiFi tether by rooting and using Xposed, or simply use FoxFi.
You don't needed an unlocked bootloader. The only people who say this anymore are those who haven't used one of the latest flagship models. Rooting is getting more rare with today's smartphones. (Especially flashing roms)
Simply rooting the S5 is all you need, you can do everything else as far as modding goes, with Xposed Module, Titanium backup and a third party launcher. But, if you want a rom, there are currently 4 TW Roms available to flash via safestrap. The S5 is an amazing phone, but not buying it simply because you think you need an unlocked bootloader is crazy talk. [emoji3]
Good luck with your decision! [emoji106]

S5 tap'n
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cr6 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th October 2014, 02:10 AM   |  #288  
Thanks Meter: 1,020

4,109 posts
More
Oh but an unlocked boot loader is so nice to have!

On another note, my wife is fed up with her S5. I'm going to tinker with it and see if I can improve her user experience.
Last edited by mlin; 14th October 2014 at 02:16 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mlin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th October 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #289  
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,057

1,129 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr6

Yes, you can get fee WiFi tether by rooting and using Xposed, or simply use FoxFi.
You don't needed an unlocked bootloader. The only people who say this anymore are those who haven't used one of the latest flagship models. Rooting is getting more rare with today's smartphones. (Especially flashing roms)
Simply rooting the S5 is all you need, you can do everything else as far as modding goes, with Xposed Module, Titanium backup and a third party launcher. But, if you want a rom, there are currently 4 TW Roms available to flash via safestrap. The S5 is an amazing phone, but not buying it simply because you think you need an unlocked bootloader is crazy talk. [emoji3]
Good luck with your decision! [emoji106]

S5 tap'n

If you are rooted on NI2 Odex or Deodex you can flash this to remove the teather lock without having to install xposed. Safestrap is required to flash this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread