[MOD][XPOSED] Fire TV Mods by rbox

OP rbox

23rd August 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #131  
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
I have rbox 1.2 installed and am using it to auto launch XBMC for Fire TV launcher. That is all working fine. What is not working for me is the Hide menu items. I go to the Help box and select hide Photos and reboot and photos is still there, but the shows that it is hidden if I go back to Help. Even worse is that by default Music and Prime Video is hidden (but showing visible in Help selection). Nothing I do changes this. RBox 1.2 is installed, checkbox is selected for module and SU is setup to Grant.

Any Ideas?

There is an error in the xposed log file:

Loading modules from /data/app/rbox.xposed.firetvmods-1.apk
Loading class rbox.xposed.firetvmods.AlternateLauncher
Loading class rbox.xposed.firetvmods.ControllerWarning
Loading class rbox.xposed.firetvmods.HideAmazonMenuItems
Loading class rbox.xposed.firetvmods.KeyBindings
Loading class rbox.xposed.firetvmods.RecentsOnMenuLong
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.amazon.tv.launcher.ui.list.adapter.SettingsIte m#getSettingsItems(android.content.Context,boolean )#exact
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findMethodExa ct(XposedHelpers.java:179)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findAndHookMe thod(XposedHelpers.java:129)
at rbox.xposed.firetvmods.HideAmazonMenuItems.handleL oadPackage(HideAmazonMenuItems.java:59)
at de.robv.android.xposed.IXposedHookLoadPackage$Wrap per.handleLoadPackage(IXposedHookLoadPackage.java: 20)
at de.robv.android.xposed.callbacks.XC_LoadPackage.ca ll(XC_LoadPackage.java:34)
at de.robv.android.xposed.callbacks.XCallback.callAll (XCallback.java:70)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge$1.beforeHooked Method(XposedBridge.java:208)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.handleHookedMe thod(XposedBridge.java:611)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(N ative Method)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1300(ActivityThr ead.java:146)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Activit yThread.java:1303)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99 )
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.jav a:5104)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCa ller.run(ZygoteInit.java:793)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit .java:560)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBri dge.java:132)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.amazon.tv.launcher.ui.list.adapter.SettingsIte m#getSettingsItems(android.content.Context,boolean )#exact
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findMethodExa ct(XposedHelpers.java:179)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findAndHookMe thod(XposedHelpers.java:129)
at rbox.xposed.firetvmods.HideAmazonMenuItems.handleL oadPackage(HideAmazonMenuItems.java:59)
at de.robv.android.xposed.IXposedHookLoadPackage$Wrap per.handleLoadPackage(IXposedHookLoadPackage.java: 20)
at de.robv.android.xposed.callbacks.XC_LoadPackage.ca ll(XC_LoadPackage.java:34)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge$1.beforeHooked Method(XposedBridge.java:208)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.handleHookedMe thod(XposedBridge.java:611)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCa ller.run(ZygoteInit.java:793)
Last edited by mcmsignup; 24th August 2014 at 07:01 PM.
25th August 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #132  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 379

450 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmsignup

I have rbox 1.2 installed and am using it to auto launch XBMC for Fire TV launcher. That is all working fine. What is not working for me is the Hide menu items. I go to the Help box and select hide Photos and reboot and photos is still there, but the shows that it is hidden if I go back to Help. Even worse is that by default Music and Prime Video is hidden (but showing visible in Help selection). Nothing I do changes this. RBox 1.2 is installed, checkbox is selected for module and SU is setup to Grant.

Any Ideas?

There is an error in the xposed log file:

<snip>

I'm just going to take a guess and say you're not on 51.1.1.0?
25th August 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #133  
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox

I'm just going to take a guess and say you're not on 51.1.1.0?

You are correct. I thought I was on

51.1.1.0_user_511070220

but I am actually

51.1.0.1_user_510055620

Chalk it up to A.D.D. saw the 20 at the end. It was a new box from amazon about 3 weeks ago, thought it would have the latest version.
time to manually update and re-root.

Thanks for your help
20th September 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #134  
OP Senior Member

450 posts
Donate to Me
After a quick test it looks like this still works on 51.1.3.0. Atleast the menu portion of it does. Feel free to test the rest of it and let me know if there are any issues. You can get 51.1.3.0 here.
24th September 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #135  
Thanks Meter: 9

268 posts
Quote:

After a quick test it looks like this still works on 51.1.3.0. Atleast the menu portion of it does. Feel free to test the rest of it and let me know if there are any issues. You can get 51.1.3.0 here.

Great work, rbox. I am interested in developing a little program that would allow someone to emulate a mouse with the Fire TV controller, which would be quite useful for the many Android apps which are designed for a touchscreen and therefore require a mouse to be used on the Fire TV.

I was thinking it could simply run in the background and intercept key presses. Pressing both the fast forward and rewind buttons simultaneously would enable mouse emulation mode. Any button presses that occur while not in mouse emulation mode (outside of the aforementioned simultaneous press of both fast forward and rewind) would simply be ignored and passed on to currently focused app. While in mouse emulation mode, the directional keypad would move the mouse cursor. The center 'select/ok' button would act as a left click. Rewind could act as a scroll up. And Fast Forward as scroll down. Simultaneously pressing fast forward + rewind would exit mouse emulation mode.

The reason I bring this up, is that while I have extensive programming experience, I have 0 Android programming experience, and it seems like your Fire TV Mods source code may be a good place to start looking since you already intercept the Home key press. Any advice or suggestions based on your experience and what I'm looking to develop? Thanks for your input!
The Following User Says Thank You to onlinespending For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th September 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #136  
OP Senior Member

450 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinespending

Great work, rbox. I am interested in developing a little program that would allow someone to emulate a mouse with the Fire TV controller, which would be quite useful for the many Android apps which are designed for a touchscreen and therefore require a mouse to be used on the Fire TV.

I was thinking it could simply run in the background and intercept key presses. Pressing both the fast forward and rewind buttons simultaneously would enable mouse emulation mode. Any button presses that occur while not in mouse emulation mode (outside of the aforementioned simultaneous press of both fast forward and rewind) would simply be ignored and passed on to currently focused app. While in mouse emulation mode, the directional keypad would move the mouse cursor. The center 'select/ok' button would act as a left click. Rewind could act as a scroll up. And Fast Forward as scroll down. Simultaneously pressing fast forward + rewind would exit mouse emulation mode.

The reason I bring this up, is that while I have extensive programming experience, I have 0 Android programming experience, and it seems like your Fire TV Mods source code may be a good place to start looking since you already intercept the Home key press. Any advice or suggestions based on your experience and what I'm looking to develop? Thanks for your input!

So you can see in KeyBindings.java where I am intercepting keys. The key is to return -1, which causes Android to drop the key and not pass it down to whatever would normally receive it. So you just look out for the magic key press, and then save a variable indicating you are in mouse mode. And then as keys get pressed, if it's one you care about intercepting, do something with it, and then return -1.

As for actually emulating the mouse itself... I would recommend using the Linux uinput driver. There are a few examples you can find on google for using uinput to emulate a mouse. I could think of writing a command line program (with NDK or whatever) that when started opens up uinput and registers as a mouse (should cause the cursor to automatically appear), and then wait for input on stdin. /dev/uinput on the Fire TV is restricted, so you'll also need to use su to start your program as root. There are a few helper libraries for android which make starting apps as root and feeding them input easy. So from the Java side, once you go in to mouse mode, create a subprocess which is your uinput app, and then open a stdin pipe for it and then just as the key presses come in, send them to the stdin of your program. And then when you leave mouse mode, close the process and the cursor should disappear.
24th September 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #137  
Flag Fultondale
Thanks Meter: 36

297 posts
More
What about changing the orange circle into the real mouse with full functionality?
Doing so should fix the doubled clicking in one click frustration when playing swf flash games.

It seems to register both the click and touch function simultaneously,which causes the issue.
25th September 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #138  
Thanks Meter: 5

38 posts
Onlinespending idea would be great.

Enviado de meu GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk
25th September 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #139  
Thanks Meter: 9

268 posts
Quote:

So you can see in KeyBindings.java where I am intercepting keys. The key is to return -1, which causes Android to drop the key and not pass it down to whatever would normally receive it. So you just look out for the magic key press, and then save a variable indicating you are in mouse mode. And then as keys get pressed, if it's one you care about intercepting, do something with it, and then return -1.

As for actually emulating the mouse itself... I would recommend using the Linux uinput driver. There are a few examples you can find on google for using uinput to emulate a mouse. I could think of writing a command line program (with NDK or whatever) that when started opens up uinput and registers as a mouse (should cause the cursor to automatically appear), and then wait for input on stdin. /dev/uinput on the Fire TV is restricted, so you'll also need to use su to start your program as root. There are a few helper libraries for android which make starting apps as root and feeding them input easy. So from the Java side, once you go in to mouse mode, create a subprocess which is your uinput app, and then open a stdin pipe for it and then just as the key presses come in, send them to the stdin of your program. And then when you leave mouse mode, close the process and the cursor should disappear.

Awesome. This is a big help. Hopefully I can get started working on this sometime next week.
14th October 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #140  
Flag Nassau, Bahamas
Thanks Meter: 33

19 posts
Donate to Me
More
Some very good work here.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xposed
Previous Thread Next Thread