No registration required

Note 10.1 2014 in U.S. taking 4.4.2 Kitkat update now SM-P600 UPDATED

OP miked0602

10th October 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #261  
Thanks Meter: 6

38 posts
Donate to Me
More
I can confirm that Android kitkat version 4.4.2 is available in Romania. I updated the software today and it runs great! Hope everyone got the 4.4.2 update!

Sent from my SM-P600
11th October 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #262  
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 151

726 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogdanDorianC

I can confirm that Android kitkat version 4.4.2 is available in Romania. I updated the software today and it runs great! Hope everyone got the 4.4.2 update!

Sent from my SM-P600

Blimey ... I thought UK was the last place to get KitKat didnt know people are still on jellybean, Guess I was wrong. Safe to say Samaung hate Europeans. We are always last for updates it seems.
11th October 2014, 07:23 AM   |  #263  

38 posts
Donate to Me
More
I got the 4.4.2 version of android the other day. It's more snappier, has better fonts(actually they are the same but look better), small changes were made to the keyboard as well and on kitkat it doesn't lag at all. Better sound quality (for example when running JB and had adapt sound ON volume level 13 was louder than 14; but now the sound increases linear with no distortions whatsoever). Icons in Taskbar are smaller, and they are white. What I like most about KK is that Samsung adjusted the automatic brightness settings. It works great now. On JB I always thought it was too dark and adjusted very hard. What more can I say. I really appreciate Samsung for releasing this update in my country also. Hope you all got it!

Sent from my SM-P600
11th October 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #264  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogdanDorianC

I got the 4.4.2 version of android the other day. It's more snappier, has better fonts(actually they are the same but look better), small changes were made to the keyboard as well and on kitkat it doesn't lag at all. Better sound quality (for example when running JB and had adapt sound ON volume level 13 was louder than 14; but now the sound increases linear with no distortions whatsoever). Icons in Taskbar are smaller, and they are white. What I like most about KK is that Samsung adjusted the automatic brightness settings. It works great now. On JB I always thought it was too dark and adjusted very hard. What more can I say. I really appreciate Samsung for releasing this update in my country also. Hope you all got it!

Sent from my SM-P600

Enjoy your new KK, what about battery life?
13th October 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #265  

38 posts
Donate to Me
More
Battery life seems better on Kit Kat. While playing real racing 3 on Jellybean the device got really hot near the back camera and the battery drained really fast. Now however, it doesn't get hot at all. I can feel that is getting a little warm, but not like on JellyBean. And the battery drains less due to the fact that it doesn't consume that much energy as it did before. For now, nothing but good things to say about KitKat.
Also wanted to ask you guys, if you have problems with crackling noise coming from the back cover. When I hold my tablet on landscape mode, from my left hand I can feel that the back cover can be pushed in and make cracking sound. I am not talking about the frame making noise, but actually the back cover (mine came on black ) and it is really upsetting me. I only have the tablet for 5 months and it already makes crackling sounds. I am really disappointed in the construction of this tablet. The only Samsung I'll ever buy is the Galaxy Alpha and that's it. I just think it's the best looking phone on the market right now.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app
14th October 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #266  
Thanks Meter: 19

292 posts
The back cover cannot withstand even the slightest pressure. It will give it thru to the battery and the metal shields covering parts of the pcb. There is some stickiness involved, so there's especially some popping noise, when the pressure gets released, and an air gap forms under hood.
The super cheap plastic frame can prove to be more annoying. Even the tiny manual says that it can become noisy and that you got to live with it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread