[MOD] [KERNEL MODULE] [July 26] Sweep2sleep

Search This thread

beup

May 21, 2010
I believe it is not possible yet, since HTC didn't released kernel source yet.

mago988

May 29, 2010
Yep, it possible. Thanks for the mod!
In attachment version for KitKat 4.4.4 Sense ROMs.

waw Iyapota thanks, with this i can add a sweep2spleep on m8 ARHD 20.3 with base 3.28.401.6 kitkat 4.4.4.? you confirm this? if in the future I want flash a custom kernel instead of this mod I just flash the new custom kernel from recovery?

Last edited:

NQNH

Sep 15, 2011
Hamburg
waw Iyapota thanks, with this i can add a sweep2spleep on m8 ARHD 20.3 with base 3.28.401.6 kitkat 4.4.4.? you confirm this? if in the future I want flash a custom kernel instead of this mod I just flash the new custom kernel from recovery?

I'm running the s2s mod on the same configuration and can confirm that it works perfectly :)

Reactions: mago988

mago988

May 29, 2010
not work on ARHD 21.0 and firmware 3.28.401.7 :(

hi for un-installation is written in the first post "adb shell rm /system/lib/modules/s2w_mod.ko /system/etc/init.d/40s2w" but the correct command is "adb shell rm /system/lib/modules/s2s_mod.ko /system/etc/init.d/40s2w"

Last edited:

omar302

Feb 15, 2006
Doha
HTC 10
OnePlus 7 Pro
not work on ARHD 21.0 and firmware 3.28.401.7 :(

hi for un-installation is written in the first post "adb shell rm /system/lib/modules/s2w_mod.ko /system/etc/init.d/40s2w" but the correct command is "adb shell rm /system/lib/modules/s2s_mod.ko /system/etc/init.d/40s2w"
You need to use the version posted by lyapota in post # 128 for it to work with the new update.

mago988

May 29, 2010
It work on arhd 20.3 but not on ARHD 21.0

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mago988

May 29, 2010

I do not see any problem with ARHD 21.0 Just checked it. Works perfect. Kernel not changed between 3.28.401.6 and 3.28.401.7 bases, only changed build host.

Thanks lyapota and you have any idea for me? Why not work? i have only installed android revolution hd 21.0 and update firmware, installed your mod and not work :(

Last edited:

lyapota

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Kiev
Thanks lyapota and you have any idea for me? Why not work? i have only installed android revolution hd 21.0 and update firmware, installed your mod and not work :(

Check your firmware zip. if you have boot.img file in zip, it's meant you flashed stock kernel without init.d support.
Reflash ARHD kernel with fastboot method.

Reactions: mago988

mago988

May 29, 2010

Check your firmware zip. if you have boot.img file in zip, it's meant you flashed stock kernel without init.d support.
Reflash ARHD kernel with fastboot method.

you're a wizard!!!!!! i have a firmware noredtext 3.28.401.7 without boot.img, but i have refleshed a rom and all is okkkkkk!!!! Thanks!!!

Ionace7

Sep 12, 2012
Kensington
I get an error inserting the module with 4.4.4 version:

Code:
u0_a35@htc_m8wl:/ $ su
root@htc_m8wl:/ # insmod /system/lib/modules/s2s_mod.ko
insmod: init_module '/system/lib/modules/s2s_mod.ko' failed (Exec format error)

Any idea about what I might be doing wrong? I am on stock rooted Rom. I made it be init.d compatible. Init.d test work.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sweep2sleep

This is a kernel module for sweep2sleep. The new motion gestures are nice, but there is no way to put the phone to sleep with gestures. To make it worse, the power button placement is awkward. It bothered me so much, I've built this module. It is based on @show-p1984's sweep2wake2.

Swipe your finger from right to left over the navbar and your phone will go to sleep.

I will update this soon, with some improvements and also to work with GPE ROMs.

Download:

Sweep2sleep module for Sense 4.4.4 stock kernel (thanks @lyapota)
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2970798&d=1413289508

Sweep2sleep module for Sense 4.4.3 stock kernel (2.22 base)
    Sweep2sleep module

Older version:
    s2w_mod

Installation:
    Flash zip in recovery

Un-installation:
    While in recovery, do:
    Code:
    adb shell rm /system/lib/modules/s2w_mod.ko /system/etc/init.d/40s2w

Requirements:
    In order to load automatically at boot, you need init.d support and busybox. If you have a custom ROM it should work.

For stock users, you'll need to insert the module manually:
    Code:
    su
    insmod /system/lib/modules/s2w_mod.ko

Source:
    Module was compiled against Nexus 5 kernel source with m8_defconfig. Some symbol CRC checks had to be hexedited in the compiled module.
    s2w_mod.c
    It's possible, I just haven't had a chance yet, very busy.
    GPE MM

Hello, I updated this module for GPE Marshmallow
    Flash in TWRP. Note you have to use SuperSU because I placed the script in su.d. If you're not rooted or rooted by other methods, just put the script in the correct place by yourself.
    It's possible, I just haven't had a chance yet, very busy.
    Sweep2sleep module for Sense 4.4.3 stock kernel

Download:
    Sweep2sleep module