Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][3.0+] Minimalist Clock Widget

OP jrl.dev

12th September 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Really cool widget!

I'm using the one in the bottom left corner (the one with the hour as a number in the middle and the minute as a circular bar around it). I would love it if you added 24h option for it! I see you have added that on some other clocks.

Also it would be really cool if you added more fonts and ability to make the widget lines thinner.

Yet another slightly wild idea would be if you added the option to have different sets of numeric alphabets. For example:
Roman numerals: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII, XIII, XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XX, XXI, XXII, XXIII, XXIV
Japanese: 一、二、三、四、五、六、七、八、九、十、十一、十二、十三、十四、十五、十六、十七、十八、十九、二十、 二十一、二十二、二十三、二十四
An idea to make this work without you having to do a lot of work setting these in, would be to have a more advanced option to customize and then you get 24 slots that you can fill in with any symbol/text. And maybe a tick for "12h", so there are only 12 slots.

Looking forward to seeing updates! Thank you for your app!
Last edited by Gempressaren; 21st September 2014 at 12:13 PM.
13th September 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #32  
Flag Cedar Crest, NM
Thanks Meter: 21

141 posts
More
could the one with only the circle & the hands be made without the circle?
(just the hands?)
14th October 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Updating when phone screen is off
I'm the dev of Wearable Widgets, and we're getting complaints from folks using your widgets with our app. Specifically, the issue is that the clock stops when the phone screen is off.

I understand that you've deliberately built Minimalist Clock this way to save battery, and I agree that it makes sense when the widget is showing on the phone. However, the purpose of our app is to "mirror" a widget onto a wearable device (like a smartwatch), and for this use case, the clock needs to keep running even when the phone is asleep.

Would it be possible for you to add a setting to Minimalist Clock to override this, to keep the widget running even when the phone screen is off? Users of both our app would appreciate it - thanks!
Last edited by StringMon; 14th October 2014 at 06:41 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, clock, free android app, minimalist, widget
Previous Thread Next Thread