Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Microphone issues on Xperia Z2?

OP debrandman

6th May 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #11  
Flag Bytom, Poland
Thanks Meter: 215

3,764 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by debrandman

Hi everyone,

One of my motivations for moving from LG G2 to the Xperia Z2, is for 4K video. But in watching the different 4K clips posted on YouTube from the Mobile Congress, there appears to be a significant microphone issue.
It sounds as if there are no lows or mid-frequencies. The sound is very squashed and unlike anything I've heard from any cellphone I've ever owned. My concern also extends to phone calls. If the same mike and processing is used for phone calls, this doesn't bode well for call quality.Are there any Z1 owners having the same microphone issue?

My Z2 records perfect sound. With all the frequencies apparent and clean.
23rd July 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #12  
Flag Kalletal
Thanks Meter: 19

93 posts
More
Any news about terrible sound quality?
Hi.
I record some videos on a festival last week. The sound is absolutely terrible. Especially if there is loud music.
If i see videos from the Festival that are all record with other phones, they sound very good . Even my Xperia ZL makes fantastic sound if i record a video.
So is there any solution for this?
To buy the "Sony STM10 Stereo Microphone" cannot be a solution.

Thanks
23rd July 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #13  
Flag Hatfield, UK
Thanks Meter: 343

1,301 posts
Donate to Me
More
Not good is it? I find the G3, M8 and almost all Lumia's adjust the levels for better audio where the Z2 does not. So perhaps you are supposed to buy the mic!
23rd July 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 3,419

4,958 posts
All sony phones have the same problem.
14th October 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #15  
Flag Mexico
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Mic working great
It's well known that Xperia Z2 has a very sensible high gain microphone because of water isolation. That makes your recordings, specially high decibels recordings such as gigs, sound awful. There is a great solution for this, install niaboc's rom (Existenz 3.1.0) and change the microphone gain to low, that will make you record with great quality.
14th October 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
I made some video recordings at a music festival with my z2. And it was awful. I was abit disappointed. It was all distorted. But then again that's very loud noise at a festival. Although it should be better than it is. Like I say it was all crackly and distorted and can't hear the music properly at all from what I recorded.

Will probably sound and record alot better with the mic accessorie. Though in my opinion, it should be fine without it.

But other videos recorded not at festival sound fine

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread