[APP][CWM][TWRP][RECOVERY] Freedom Flex for the LG G Flex - Now with Bump!!!

Search This thread

ownmart

Feb 2, 2010
downgraded 4.4.2 zv7 i think on ls995 to zv3 4.2.2 and rooted, freedomflex either force closes and doesnt start or when I click to install twrp or cwm it does nothing

PlayfulGod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
Updates coming today!!! Bump released and yes it works for the Flex.

I need to run a release build of FF and make sure I got my ducks in a row. I will be updating the OP here shortly. ;)

and for all you inspiring devs, you can bump your own imgs too. Just visit http://apps.codefi.re/bump/

Bump would not be possible without the help and support of many people.
Please consider donating something to the people listed below to help them to continue to support your LG phone and to show your appreciation of all the hours they've put into this awesome unlock!

• @thecubed - Paypal Donate - That'd be weird if I wrote something nice about myself here
  • @IllegalArgument - Paypal Donate - Special thanks here, IllegalArgument really helped out and brought us across the finish line here. It's safe to say that we have the unlock today because of him - show him some love!
  • @autoprime - Paypal Donate - Generally awesome. Always helpful, always willing to test things, and a great guy to have on the team!
  • @Shelnutt2 - Paypal Donate - Lots of reversing work, super smart - another awesome member of the team!
  • @AnimatronicRocketReptile - Paypal Donate - Crypto help, thanks!
  • @Dees_Troy - Paypal Donate - For building all these TWRP images for us, thanks so much!

Last edited:

sickkside13

Jul 15, 2012
Chicago

I need to run a release build of FF and make sure I got my ducks in a row. I will be updating the OP here shortly. ;)

and for all you inspiring devs, you can bump your own imgs too. Just visit http://apps.codefi.re/bump/

Please consider donating something to the people listed below to help them to continue to support your LG phone and to show your appreciation of all the hours they've put into this awesome unlock!

• @thecubed - Paypal Donate - That'd be weird if I wrote something nice about myself here
  • @IllegalArgument - Paypal Donate - Special thanks here, IllegalArgument really helped out and brought us across the finish line here. It's safe to say that we have the unlock today because of him - show him some love!
  • @autoprime - Paypal Donate - Generally awesome. Always helpful, always willing to test things, and a great guy to have on the team!
  • @Shelnutt2 - Paypal Donate - Lots of reversing work, super smart - another awesome member of the team!
  • @Dees_Troy - Paypal Donate - For building all these TWRP images for us, thanks so much!

Thank you playfulgod saw the update for freedom flex a hour ago and new it had to be bump lol

Reactions: PlayfulGod

SmokeCrawler

Jun 22, 2011
WV
:D Yes!! I waited until there was a recovery for my phone before rooting it..... When I did what happen? It updated to KitKat... So I didn't feel like going through the steps to downgrade so I been waiting for this very recovery for a long ass time! Thank you playfulgod and everyone else that helped! woot woot:D

Works on my D950! Completely happy!

Last edited:
Reactions: softballjunkee13

Pupskastl

Oct 4, 2014
Doesn't work on my d955. :confused: Nothing happens after i press "Install twrp", except for the installing window showing for a fraction of a second and then closing . Are the servers down by any chance?

cocous

Apr 11, 2009
Volos
One question please. If you want to return on stock recovery you must flash the original kitkat?

Στάλθηκε από το LG-D955 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
Ok I deodexed the stock kit Kat. Pulled the boot.img and loaded it on the bumped website and got it back "bumped" zipped it with the deodexed system folders and the meta-inf folder and flashed. Said "successful but on reboot it says security error below the LG logo and then it powers off. I can get back to recovery and restore no problem. No issue there. But why am I getting a security error. It doesn't matter if I zip the original boot.img or the bumped one. It does the same. Even if I
Mount -o rw,remount /system/ /system/

cp /sdcard/app/* /system/app/

Then, rm /system/app/*.odex

And same for the framework then
mount -o ro,remount /system/ /system/
And reboot. I still get the security error.

PlayfulGod

Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
One question please. If you want to return on stock recovery you must flash the original kitkat?

Στάλθηκε από το LG-D955 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
the kk stock recovery yea.

Ok I deodexed the stock kit Kat. Pulled the boot.img and loaded it on the bumped website and got it back "bumped" zipped it with the deodexed system folders and the meta-inf folder and flashed. Said "successful but on reboot it says security error below the LG logo and then it powers off. I can get back to recovery and restore no problem. No issue there. But why am I getting a security error. It doesn't matter if I zip the original boot.img or the bumped one. It does the same. Even if I
Mount -o rw,remount /system/ /system/

cp /sdcard/app/* /system/app/

Then, rm /system/app/*.odex

And same for the framework then
mount -o ro,remount /system/ /system/
And reboot. I still get the security error.
that might be morningcall/wallpaper or wtfe that system security stuff is called. Try w/o deodexing or any other changes except the bumped boot.img to see.

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
I can get on kit kat with twrp. Had it for a few weeks now. But I've trying to deodex the 4.4.2 stock for theming and I get that system error whenever I replace the framework and system apps folders. With their deodexed versions. Oh and by the way I modified and "bumped" your cm-11 and got it working fully functional. Want me to update the orig post and upload a link or send it to you or what? But I've got 4g LTE and all seems to be working great. So nice to have a more pure Google OS. Much smoother and less lag than stock lg ....

Reactions: jacktackle

PlayfulGod

Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
I can get on kit kat with twrp. Had it for a few weeks now. But I've trying to deodex the 4.4.2 stock for theming and I get that system error whenever I replace the framework and system apps folders. With their deodexed versions. Oh and by the way I modified and "bumped" your cm-11 and got it working fully functional. Want me to update the orig post and upload a link or send it to you or what? But I've got 4g LTE and all seems to be working great. So nice to have a more pure Google OS. Much smoother and less lag than stock lg ....

on stock try just flashing a bumped boot.img and see if it boots. If that works, then I think its system security bs. I dont recall all what needs disabled to remove it tho. lol

Hit me up on hangouts and tell me what you did with cm11. My tree stopped building and I've not been motivated to dig into it and figure out why yet. lol

Reactions: sickkside13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!! No one but yourself is responsible for what you do to your device. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

NOTE: This is only known to work with jellybean currently. This DOES NOT work with kitkat at this time and could even possibly brick your device!!!!!

Now updated with Bump'ed imgs and works with 4.4 kitkat.

Okay folks, We finally got things figured out and working and you can now free your LG G Flex. :)

People to Thank
    • koush - for his awesome recovery.
    • TeamWin - for their awesome recovery.
    • Dees_Troy - for helping, assisting, and sharing with me.
    • djrbliss - for adding loki support.
    • Everyone that tested.

Team Codefire for Bump. Be sure to show these guys your appreciation!!! ;)

• @thecubed/IOMonster - Paypal Donate - discovering the exploit and being Oz behind the curtain!!!

What this app does?
    • Flashes the bootloader (aboot) from the F340K that supports loki.
    • Flashes your choice of Clockworkmod Recovery or TWRP.
    • Options to Backup/Restore your EFS partition.
    • Option to reboot to recovery.
    • Each time the app is ran it checks for the latest zip from my server and automatically downloads if a new zip is uploaded.

Requirements
    • Must be rooted!!!
    • A network connection is needed to download the needed files.
    • Willing to void your warranty!!!

Known Issues
    • Install for TWRP not working.
    • TWRP reported not working on the LS995.
    • This DOES NOT WORK with KitKat 4.4.2. A solution is being worked on to rectify this though. ;)

Supported Devices
    • LG G Flex D955 for Europe - Confirmed working!
    • LG G Flex D958 for Hong Kong & Asia - Confirmed working!
    • LG G Flex D959 for T-Mobile USA - Confirmed working!
    • LG G Flex D950 for AT&T - Confirmed working!
    • LG G Flex LS995 for Sprint - Confirmed working!
    • LG G Flex F340 for Korea - Confirmed working!

The Goods

The apk is also upload here on XDA on the downloads tab. freedom-release.apk

XDA:DevDB Information
    Freedom Flex, an application to free your LG G Flex, App for the LG G Flex

Contributors
    PlayfulGod, thecubed, Shelnutt2, autoprime, IllegalArgument, AnimatronicRocketReptile, Dees_Troy

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.0.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-11-10
    Current Beta Version: 1.0.8
    Beta Release Date: 2014-05-03

Created 2014-05-03
    Last Updated 2014-11-10
    we have rooted kk with our working jb aboot and recovery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone needs to make sure to thank savoca and his awesome work, all done in about a 1.5hrs!!!!!!!!!!

the goodness is forth coming later tonight!!!!!!!!!
    Changelog

To get any updates that are done, just rerun the app. It will automatically check for & download any available updates. This pertains only to the images only.

05-06-2014
    • CWM updated to v6.0.4.8
      • Swipe enabled
    • TWRP Install button fixed

05-07-2014
    • TWRP v2.7.0.0 Working - Confirmed on D950.
    • CWM updated with a more fitting font. ;)
    • APK updated - added reboot button to recovery install activity.

• CWM updated with dual touch/swipe

If you need a tester for d955, i'm here .. ;)

I'm pretty confident that one img should work for all again like it did before. ;)