ACTUAL 4.4.4 GPE/AOSP ROMS for SAFESRAP 4.4.2 NC2/NC5+ 4.3MK2&more!

OP gigilie

6th October 2014, 05:10 AM   |  #211  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 25

181 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilie

marbertshere/anyone that wants to help me bring the 1st CM ROM to Safestrap try the PAC ROM port in the International Development section... needing help porting it but it will boot goin to at least need something done with the dialer/mms portion but its a nice aroma installer with a stock kernel option. which is what makes running these AOSP/GPE ROms possible is the compatability the inital build has with the stock ROM.

and I'll be getting those ROMs in the OP fixed up here soon enough but I'm having a hell of a time getting the 4g / menu options / apn settings to give me data consistently in 4g or LTE. 3g no problem it seems... if anyone can put together a little patch or even zip their etc dir if they do have consistent 4g data with wifi and send it to me youd save me a headache or two

What have you been working on lately?
8th October 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #212  
OP Senior Member
MN
Thanks Meter: 694

531 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbertshere

What have you been working on lately?

BlackBox 3.2.3 is new about 95% AOSP
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23681161096071138

PSOA Barebonez is a new ROM I'm working on its 100% AOSP on top of a TW Core so that everything like WiFi/4G Data/SMS/Cellular all work without a hitch. Its still in beta testing and doesnt have a dedicated Thread yet so if your wanting to test it post results of the beta here please
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23681161096070771
The Following User Says Thank You to gigilie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th October 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #213  
Thanks Meter: 11

133 posts
More
My APN settings won't save, MMS and SMS won't send. Whenever I try to add a new one in hangouts, it gets deleted immediately. Pulling an apns-conf file from another rom and copying over this one fills in the APNs, but none of them work to send messages. Am I missing something? Besides rebooting after copying over the file
10th October 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #214  
Thanks Meter: 53

435 posts
Quote:

BlackBox 3.2.3 is new about 95% AOSP
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23681161096071138

PSOA Barebonez is a new ROM I'm working on its 100% AOSP on top of a TW Core so that everything like WiFi/4G Data/SMS/Cellular all work without a hitch. Its still in beta testing and doesnt have a dedicated Thread yet so if your wanting to test it post results of the beta here please
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23681161096070771

Is that 2nd one "Prism Barebones"? Just wondering...... Looking for something that isn't so heavy on ram. My phone after booting up has like 700mb ram, before loading any games or anything.....
10th October 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #215  
OP Senior Member
MN
Thanks Meter: 694

531 posts
Donate to Me
More
no its AOSP backwards PSOA Barebonez is a completely new ROM i've been working on but it should do the trick for your memory issue. however its just a beta dont know if you can use it as a daily
12th October 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #216  
Thanks Meter: 53

435 posts
Quote:

no its AOSP backwards PSOA Barebonez is a completely new ROM i've been working on but it should do the trick for your memory issue. however its just a beta dont know if you can use it as a daily

Probably fire this up in a bit. Is it a port from someone else, or did you pull an existing AOSP rom for the Verizon S4? I'm not much of a dev, but I can help you any way you need. Testing, help trouble shooting, etc......

-Todd
14th October 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #217  
Thanks Meter: 8

105 posts
More
Honestly, We are probably stuck with the soft reboot trick for now. I believe its something with the AOSP kernel (correct me if im wrong) and unless someone like surge gets kexec working with SS 3.72, the GPE rom will be messed up for a bit.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread