Micro usb storage for nexus 10?

Would you get a micro usb flash drive for your Nexus 10?

• Yes it would be great to expand my storage

Votes: 205 90.7%
  • No i can use an otg cable

Votes: 21 9.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread
These solutions are too bulky, needs to be smaller.

I just soldiered together something that is even less bulky.

Started out with a card reader and a micro USB connector.

They are pretty big, even though they are among the smallest of their kind.

I removed the outer casing of the reader:

Soldered it to the micro USB connector.. the card is taped to the reader to be flatter.

The connector takes some space, of course, but the reader can be placed.. anywhere. ;)

A solution could be a case with a pre-fitted reader..

v941726

Jun 7, 2010
Rochester NY
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

nigelhealy

Aug 3, 2012
Preston
Can't get my 64gb stick to work at all with a cable. I must be one of the 50% that it WILL NOT work for

Me

Try a different kernel with more drivers? I'm running that kernel now and it recognises more.

http://blog.tan-ce.com/android-4-4-kitkat-kernel-for-nexus-10/

If you're not a geek then the simplest suggestion is to root, install ROM Manager, make a full ROM backup, then install this zip file and if it doesn't fix your problem them use ROM Manager to go back to whatever you have currently.

I'm not sure I want/need any such device myself as I got the 32GB N10 model which means I got plenty of internal storage and if I want to copy stuff I can use my 500GB Seagate drive works fine too. I'm not sure why I'd want a small microUSB storage connected all the time or even connected for long periods.

I got a microSD 8GB card inside a 4G USB dongle to kill 2 birds with one stone, I accept with the OTG cable is bulky but its not connected often.

TonyApuzzo

Aug 20, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
Another happy Meenova user. Works fine with several microsd, including UHS-1 on the Nexus 10, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 5, Galaxy Nexus, and Samsung S4 i545. The S4 doesn't even need an app to work with it. The Nexi require StickMount or equivalent.

wbulbs

Feb 1, 2014
Namic Nano OTG-Drive

Hey

I was desperately looking for a nice small flash drive for Android and iOS but I didn't find the right solution. Just the bulky ones.

So I decided to develop my own product with help of an engineering company. But before starting further development and producing I have to do little market research.

Check out the website: www.matcha-t.com/

On Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheNamic

Keep in mind the design is pretty alpha.

Open to all and any feedback.

Thanks!

Reactions: mark.m.moran

jojo30

Jun 19, 2008
I'm in root mode in my n10 and I'm trying to connect a USB stick with the help of a otg cable and the app nexus media importer, but I have this problem, whenever I connect the USB a message of connecting to device it keeps coming without processing any further, does anybody have any clue?

Στάλθηκε από το Nexus 10 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

PaisanNYC

Jul 21, 2007
New York City
I'm in root mode in my n10 and I'm trying to connect a USB stick with the help of a otg cable and the app nexus media importer, but I have this problem, whenever I connect the USB a message of connecting to device it keeps coming without processing any further, does anybody have any clue?

Στάλθηκε από το Nexus 10 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

If you are rooted, forget Nexus Media Importer.

Get Stickmount Pro (paid), and ES File Explorer (free). Whenever you plug in the flash drive & otg cable, it will mount automatically. Go into ES File Explorer, and you can move files back and forth just like a PC.

Reactions: too.stoopid

leokan

Oct 11, 2009
hi guys. i know it's been a while and i am just posting this as a closure. I stopped updating you about progress as a big company - retailer bought all my work (prototypes, sketches, etc.) and had me sign a NDA for not leaking information for about a year. Unfortunately i was informed a while ago that they dropped the project as they found a cheapest alternative from alibaba. Thank you for supporting it even if it didn't go through :) take care.

Reactions: Izeltokatl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there guys. So i saw this topic http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2021001 looking for a solution for my nexus 10.

After a bit research i thought why the hell there is no company with a micro usb storage for our tablets and that was enought to start digging with my company to see if we can produce them. It seems it's going well for our project but i was wondering how many people are really interested on this one. We are looking to produce a tiny micro usb storage that will fit niceley with nexus 10 and it can be used 24/7 as storage expantion.

so your turn how many of you would be interested on getting one of these?
    Just to tease you. Some of the first stage renders.
    You do not need much invention, look at this:
    There are the pictures, is tested with a 32Gb MicroSD and it works perfectly. Root + Stickmount

6amo.jpg

sy.jpg

3p4x.jpg

3ohh.jpg

5sdx.jpg

0lp0.jpg

5hcq.jpg

eko2.jpg

rav6.jpg

bqds.jpg

2a7c.jpg

yx4p.jpg
    Hi guys. Yes the project is still running and i am trying to figure out some details with the factory which will build them but some things are lost in the translation plus there is a 4 weeks holiday in china coming up so the thing goes a bit slow. :) hopefully i will have news for you guys soon enough. As for your questions,

We are thinking of using the cable or an adapter only so you will be able to connect it to another device to copy data. A pass through socket was underconsideration but for now it is dropped as we have to increase the size and as a user i dont want something bulky on my tablet.

Jotokun the plan is to make it a bit ballanced to the right so it wont be close to the headphones jack. We also thought of making a build in passthrough mini jack in order to be more stable but because of increased cost it was dropped out.

In any case everyone with more ideas is more than welcome to contribute :)