Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Constant Rebooting Issue

OP ladelfm

3rd July 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 26

212 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggg1

I have the rebooting problem. At first I ignored the problem but now it is starting to irritate me. I rooted almost immediately after getting the tablet so I am not sure if rooting messed it up.

I'm hoping I did not receive a defective device... can someone confirm that this is not hardware related??

Mine was also rebooting. So, i unrooted, wiped, and the rerooted. So far, it's been very stable. I installed xposed today. No problems yet, but i only have a few modules installed.

Cheers,
Rich
The Following User Says Thank You to rholm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Thanks for the tip, I will try this and report back... Will be really glad I did not burn money on an expensive defective tablet
3rd July 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #13  

212 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggg1

Thanks for the tip, I will try this and report back... Will be really glad I did not burn money on an expensive defective tablet

I'm pretty sure it's fixable. I've seen random reboots on most of my devices from time to time. Just need to find the app or configuration that is causing it.

Cheers,
Rich
5th July 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 249

565 posts
For me is seems that it was freezing Knox that was causing the reboots. Once I unfroze it, no more random reboots. Then I installed a custom ROM with Knox removed and all is good.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
5th July 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #15  

212 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmacrofish

For me is seems that it was freezing Knox that was causing the reboots. Once I unfroze it, no more random reboots. Then I installed a custom ROM with Knox removed and all is good.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I agree. That does seems to be the difference here, too.

Cheers,
Rich
6th July 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #16  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 41

125 posts
More
reboot
the reboots are only with root. I tried many root methods, always reboots.
Now i flashed the F3 Firmware on my t325 , dont root and no reboots since 1 week.

Something makes trouble in our devices if its rooted.
6th July 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #17  

212 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by konsolen

Now i flashed the F3 Firmware on my t325 , dont root and no reboots since 1 week.

I'm rooted with no reboots. I didn't disable knox. Everything is very stable.

Cheers,
Rich

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
7th July 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #18  
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by konsolen

I rooted my 8.4 with towel root. It always rebooted (or maybe just reset) every time I turned it off when certain applications were running (Amazon Kindle, MX Player, and some others). For some reason all I had to do was reinstall the apps and I no longer had any rebooting problems.
4th August 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #19  

6 posts
Solution
I updated my T520 from NAE to NG1 using Odin and rerooted it with CF method and I was experiencing random reboots. I did tow things:

1. I defrosted the knox notifications in TB (I had disabaled it when super user asked me to...)
2. I went to SuperSU app's settings under cleanup I tapped reinstall and followed the given commands there...

I have not had a single reboot since then and it's been 2 days now...
I just wanted to share this with those that are having random reboots. Give it a try... It worked for me.
15th October 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #20  

2 posts
Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (T-320) keeps restarting
Hello guys!

I have a big problem with my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (T-320). I bought it a few days ago....after I turn it on it shows me errors of search, media, settings ...etc. has stopped. I repaired these errors with instructions found here on XDA, but there is another problem. My tablet keeps restarting randomly without any error. So I downloaded the latest firmware from sammobile, flashed it, but it dowsnt help. I rooted it, flashed TWRP and a custom ROM, but it keeps restarting. Sometimes after full boot, sometimes when samsung logo appears, but in recovery and download mode it is stable. Can someone help me?
( sorry for my bad english :/ )

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread