Phone boots to blue screen

Search This thread

dsljk2009

Dec 16, 2012
My G2 suddenly just stopped working yesterday. When I try to power it on the phone either freezes shortly after the boot screen, gets to the homescreen then shuts off, or boots to an all blue screen. I can access TWRP but haven't been able to fix it with anything I've found. My pc isn't recognizing the phone so don't know if I can flash another rom. Also tried factory reset with no luck. Any help please this is driving me crazy!!!

colbyrainey

Jan 27, 2011
Kansas City
My G2 suddenly just stopped working yesterday. When I try to power it on the phone either freezes shortly after the boot screen, gets to the homescreen then shuts off, or boots to an all blue screen. I can access TWRP but haven't been able to fix it with anything I've found. My pc isn't recognizing the phone so don't know if I can flash another rom. Also tried factory reset with no luck. Any help please this is driving me crazy!!!

The same thing just happened to me! Someone please help us! IS there a solution to this?

Ok, since there is little to no information out there I thought I would share how I created and fixed this problem.

I received a new phone under warranty because of a failing sim card reader. Naturally, the first thing I did once I received it was root it. Next, I thought I would be slick and use flashify to flash a custom recovery (TWRP). Little did I know, with the new version of Android, our phones have a locked bootloader. I freaked out when I saw some weird error messages about it and tried to power off the device in the middle of it booting. BIG MISTAKE. In hindsight, I am assuming that it was re-flashing the factory recovery when I powered it off.

It gave me a solid blue screen for two hours, unless I held the power button for 10 seconds, which would just repeat the process from black screen to solid blue screen repeatedly. I tried to reboot into recovery for 2 hours by holding volume down and power. 2 HOURS!

At that point, I realized that I may have some luck getting it into download mode by powering it off, then powering it on with volume up and power and plugging in a USB cable. VOILA! It booted up normally (somehow) and I got it running the OS.

After that, I made sure that I did a factory reset by reverting to stock using the LG Software Upgrade tool.

The moral of this story is, if you are going to try to install a custom recovery on 4.4.2, make sure you know what you're doing. It turns out an app called AutoRec did the trick for me.

dsljk2009 - I hope this message helps you, or anyone else who may think they've bricked their phones.

CHEERS LADS!

If this post helped you be sure to hit thanks!

Reactions: Tech_Savvy

jocyrus

Nov 11, 2012
Ok, since there is little to no information out there I thought I would share how I created and fixed this problem.

I received a new phone under warranty because of a failing sim card reader. Naturally, the first thing I did once I received it was root it. Next, I thought I would be slick and use flashify to flash a custom recovery (TWRP). Little did I know, with the new version of Android, our phones have a locked bootloader. I freaked out when I saw some weird error messages about it and tried to power off the device in the middle of it booting. BIG MISTAKE. In hindsight, I am assuming that it was re-flashing the factory recovery when I powered it off.

It gave me a solid blue screen for two hours, unless I held the power button for 10 seconds, which would just repeat the process from black screen to solid blue screen repeatedly. I tried to reboot into recovery for 2 hours by holding volume down and power. 2 HOURS!

At that point, I realized that I may have some luck getting it into download mode by powering it off, then powering it on with volume up and power and plugging in a USB cable. VOILA! It booted up normally (somehow) and I got it running the OS.

After that, I made sure that I did a factory reset by reverting to stock using the LG Software Upgrade tool.

The moral of this story is, if you are going to try to install a custom recovery on 4.4.2, make sure you know what you're doing. It turns out an app called AutoRec did the trick for me.

dsljk2009 - I hope this message helps you, or anyone else who may think they've bricked their phones.

CHEERS LADS!

Hey,

How did you power off your G2 before putting it into download mode? Im experiencing the same problem.
Please assist me.

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Hey,

How did you power off your G2 before putting it into download mode? Im experiencing the same problem.
Please assist me.

I didn't get the blue screen but I kept getting the security error screen on my d802. To turn it off, I kept holding down the power button for about 10 seconds after the screen went blank. This caused the phone to remain powered off. After that, I was able to boot into download mode. Maybe this method will work for your phone.

jocyrus

Nov 11, 2012
I didn't get the blue screen but I kept getting the security error screen on my d802. To turn it off, I kept holding down the power button for about 10 seconds after the screen went blank. This caused the phone to remain powered off. After that, I was able to boot into download mode. Maybe this method will work for your phone.

It didn't work. Any other suggestions? :|

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
It didn't work. Any other suggestions? :|

Don't know of any other methods because holding down the power button got the phone to turn off and allow me to get into download mode. From download mode, I was able to restore a stock 5.01 ROM to my phone via LG Mobile Support Tools.

namitutonka

Jan 3, 2014
Denver
thoronodor.tripod.com
LG G2 Bluescreen then no boot after disconnecting battery

Found my LG G2 with a completely blue screen. It would not turn off. Took it apart and disconnected the battery. Reconnected the battery and there was only a blank black screen and the phone would not boot. Zilch. Even with pressing the power button with the volume down to boot into recovery.....still zilch.

I sucessfully got my phone to work again using a hair dryer trick on an LG G3, which I found here.

1. I took the back off the phone, disconnected the battery, and removed the SIM card.
2. I then used a hairdryer on high heat and blew the heat over the uncovered areas for 10 minutes.
3. I let the phone from hot to warm, reconnected the battery and put it all back together with the SIM card replaced.
4. I booted into recovery and restored a TWRP backup, and my LG G2 is working like a champ again.

Reactions: audit13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The same thing just happened to me! Someone please help us! IS there a solution to this?

CHEERS LADS!

LG G2 Bluescreen then no boot after disconnecting battery

Found my LG G2 with a completely blue screen. It would not turn off. Took it apart and disconnected the battery. Reconnected the battery and there was only a blank black screen and the phone would not boot. Zilch. Even with pressing the power button with the volume down to boot into recovery.....still zilch.

I sucessfully got my phone to work again using a hair dryer trick on an LG G3, which I found here.

1. I took the back off the phone, disconnected the battery, and removed the SIM card.
    2. I then used a hairdryer on high heat and blew the heat over the uncovered areas for 10 minutes.
    3. I let the phone from hot to warm, reconnected the battery and put it all back together with the SIM card replaced.
    4. I booted into recovery and restored a TWRP backup, and my LG G2 is working like a champ again.