Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
Had a SOD today on M10.
Switching now to interactive+deadline for testing.
ART not tested jet.

going on about it isn't going to make me fix it quicker, I've YET to have one on my X+ been using it for 3days solid with only one crash when I was making a phone call.

Update ALL OF THE GOOGLE APPS from the market, even if you don't use those particular apps.

Coolgoly

Dec 18, 2011
Torino
My GApps are up to date. I'm using M10 by some days and this is the first SOD.
This rom is my dayly driver.

markkenzy

Nov 25, 2011
My GApps are up to date. I'm using M10 by some days and this is the first SOD.
This rom is my dayly driver.

OK, if M10 isn't good enough, try one of the recent nightly. I'm using 1003 with pico gapp (it mean only playstore installed). I've used for a week and only 1 freeze occurred when I installed an app from amazon while doing heavy multitasking. It's memory issue, maybe, be patient while Llior figuring it out...

Last edited:

mdonders

Jul 7, 2007
Guys, bad news my pc is out of action...It's what I compile everything on. My surge protector failed over the weekend and killed my ram hdd and my i7 3700....I'm down to a P4 right now...Sorry guys, might be in for a slightly long wait :/

No problem dude! Thanks for all the work you already did & best of luck fixing your PC.

Grtz Mark

Sent from my One X+ using XDA Free mobile app

Lloir

Mar 23, 2009
OK guys, got my machine "limping" now, which means I cant do roms + college work at same time now, so bare with me once this week is done with I'll take a look at adjusting the default cpu freq and the memory management stuff alongside the LVM stuff for the Find5 which I may/may not bring to the X+ depending on if I think we need it (doubt it tbh 64gb is more than enough space for a long time)

asim.sidz

Reliability?

Hi,

I see that you guys are doing some great work here. I'm currently running my HOX+ on JB 4.2.2 stock ROM. I would like to upgrade to kitkat while getting rid of bloatware and more available RAM with stability on the device. Could someone tell me if upgrading to this custom ROM will do me any good. Or is it too buggy and i should wait?

Any kind of help will be highly appreciated.

Best regards.

crusader727

Feb 9, 2014
@Lloir:
Lollipop or not, we are happy when you continue maintaining cm for this device :highfive:
@asim.sidz:
If you want a stable amd smooth rom stay at stock or sense based roms. some users have random freezes with the aosp roms.
I tested the 3 active aosp roms and for me cm has the best overall impression. Omni feels running faster and smoother. If you want a feature-rich rom try carbon. all in all you have to decide which rom is the best for you

Reactions: asim.sidz

el-Loko

Apr 10, 2011
Moto Z3 Play
i had some probs today with the regular mobile and data connection. several times when i try to connect to mobile data i wont. i turned on and off flightmode and sometimes it works for a while. but sometimes i had to restart because it doesn't connect in between ~5minutes. then, when i got mobile and data connection, i tried to make a phone call it lost completely both.
here is a log...

Attachments

• 2014-10-10-07-54-29.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: asim.sidz

asim.sidz

@Lloir:
Lollipop or not, we are happy when you continue maintaining cm for this device :highfive:

@asim.sidz:
If you want a stable amd smooth rom stay at stock or sense based roms. some users have random freezes with the aosp roms.
I tested the 3 active aosp roms and for me cm has the best overall impression. Omni feels running faster and smoother. If you want a feature-rich rom try carbon. all in all you have to decide which rom is the best for you

Thank you for your previous reply. Now some idea has begun to shape in my mind. Right now my device is rooted, loaded with very few apps, no launchers or widgets installed, in this state i get an available RAM of about 400 MB. I want to get rid of the bloatware on my stock ROM in order to reduce its burden and make gaming and DOS turbo win9x emulation smoother.

Is there any ROM available that will not make any of the device components unfunctional or freezes? A ROM without bloatware, very light and stable with all the components working? I don't want a cool, sleeky UI or other unnecessary things or tweaks.

crusader727

Feb 9, 2014
broken

Guys make a list of stuff that's broken for me
we could do this by adding 'broken' in post title, so you can use the search function of this thread/forum (search for '^broken').

problem:
I was calling someone in google hangouts (uses wifi/data connection) for about 40min. After ending the call both wifi and data turned off. I could re-activate data via quicksettings tile, but I couldn't activate wifi in settings or quicksettings anymore. Toggling airplaine mode on and off again fixed it.

Attachments

• wifi.txt
    383.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Lloir

Mar 23, 2009
Any suggestions, please?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Any directions?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Free mobile app

NO! And stop asking this question everywhere, the only way you will find out what rom is "best for YOU" is by trying them out.

Reactions: el-Loko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KK), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, we will laugh at you, all, at the same time.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
     * cause of male impotence.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
    - are running a custom kernel
    - have flashed mods
    - modified system files
    - didn't follow our intructions word by word
    - are unfriendly

Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => WE DON'T CARE!
    Your mod => your problem!

Known issues = post 2

Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/

Nightlies:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=enrc2b&type=nightly

ClockworkMod Recovery:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2074244

Changelog:
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/enrc2b/next

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't mean Out-of-Respect!!!

source
    https://github.com/cyanogenmod/android_device_htc_enrc2b
    https://github.com/cyanogenmod/android_kernel_htc_enrc2b
    https://github.com/cyanogenmod/android_device_htc_tegra3-common

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] CyanogenMod 11, a ROM for the HTC One X+

Contributors
    Lloir
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 4.4.2
    Beta Release Date: 2014-01-10

Created 2013-11-04
    Last Updated 2014-01-10
    Reserved

CWM HAS TO BE USED TO FLASH THIS ROM, DO NOT USE TWRP UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

What is not working :

USE PA GAPPS!
    Rotation bug, just don't turn your screen off while rotated.
    guys right now 4.4 is a pipe dream, so i'm refocusing ALL my efforts back to 4.3\CM10.2 make them as stable as possible, so you all have something then 4.4 might be done.
    Reserved

Changelog

10/1/14

Inital upload of CM11

[/code]
    right now, i got bigger priorities other than Android, sorry guys......i got personal stuff i need to take care of i also need some "me" time, i'am 100% burnt out.....don't worry this is rom is not going to die.