[Q] Bricked Advent Vega Tegra note 7 no usb debugging

OP icdeamons

13th October 2014, 01:04 PM   |  #31  
Flag Alness, Scotland
Thanks Meter: 24

143 posts
Donate to Me
More
I followed the guide by that guy and this happens! I knew I shouldn't have followed his guide using the supertool stuff.
13th October 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 398

1,224 posts
Donate to Me
More
Right here is a better idea.

Download the APX Recovery again and the blob file i linked you too.

It will place the Device back to 4.3 on a 4.4.2 bootloader then if you get out of APX then you flash recovery etc and mess about it with again. So Check PM

Edit: @LightInDark i am glad i was able to help you get out of APX mode hopefully now your fully booting again.
Last edited by hacktrix2006; 13th October 2014 at 02:15 PM.
15th October 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #33  
Flag Alness, Scotland

143 posts
Donate to Me
More
Okay so Hacktrix has been helping and we managed to flash the image again of 4.3 from Advent but sadly I still have the problem, we tried a lot, we were down to the very few tricky options of using adb shell and such from recovery. I honestly am stumped as to why the hell this is so broken, all from an OTA update. I read other people had this problem from the 4.3 OTA, some got it fixed by factory resetting, others didn't and had to get a new tablet.

I've tried flashing it fresh with Advent stuff, with 4.4 stuff, everything, and I leave it for about 20 minutes after every flash to see if it will just take a long time to boot. But it just refuses to boot into the System at all.

The worst thing about it is that Advent aren't very friendly when it comes to this stuff, they don't provide any updates to download or anything. Would be easier if we had Advent update zips of their OTA's instead of just EVGA ones. This is the problem, flashing EVGA stuff onto Advent may be whats causing the problems, the problem deffinately seems to be on boot or system since it gets to TEGRA NOTE then hangs.
Last edited by LightInDark; 15th October 2014 at 01:44 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to LightInDark For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 398

1,224 posts
Donate to Me
More
Light i am just wondering here now right we formatted every partition boot system cache userdata and that all worked but i wonder if the other partitions to do with the device is bust, if you want over the weekend i can build a stock 4.4.4 Nvidia image from Nvidia and see if that will boot or not, now that you have fastboot and all we can at least then flash that lot. Something is quite amiss with the whole thing PM me if you need anymore help or ideas bud.

Off for some sleep should be online in afternoon.
Last edited by hacktrix2006; 15th October 2014 at 02:08 AM.
15th October 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #35  
Flag Alness, Scotland

143 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacktrix2006

Light i am just wondering here now right we formatted every partition boot system cache userdata and that all worked but i wonder if the other partitions to do with the device is bust, if you want over the weekend i can build a stock 4.4.4 Nvidia image from Nvidia and see if that will boot or not, now that you have fastboot and all we can at least then flash that lot. Something is quite amiss with the whole thing PM me if you need anymore help or ideas bud.

Off for some sleep should be online in afternoon.

Please lets do! I need my tablet working, I cannot get a replacement even if I wanted to buy one, I'm moving to Belgium and they aren't sold here at all. I'm thinking it must be a partition that got modified with the 4.4 OTA but the 4.3 recovery nvflash doesn't erase/modify it so it bugs out. It's deffinately some partition to do with the boot->system part, if it was just system it would at least get to the boot animation before crashing.

I wont be beaten by this! I've brought an X10, LG P920, LG GT540 and LG G2 back from death before, no fastboot or recovery access. Why is this one being so difficult! I don't think of my self as a newbie to this stuff I've been flashing and custom deving for years now, but with this tablet I'm just at a loss.
Last edited by LightInDark; 15th October 2014 at 02:44 AM.
16th October 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightInDark

I followed the guide by that guy and this happens! I knew I shouldn't have followed his guide using the supertool stuff.

The guide works fine. I've used it on several machines and had zero issues with it. Before you go slating it you may want to check your hardware isn't at fault or that you haven't caused an issue yourself?

I've used it with a few versions of the Supertool, but always the original advent stuff. Fixed a friend's Tegra Note 7 today in fact. Which is how I ended up here again, so I could get the link I posted. Check your hardware to make sure it's not at fault, then post back and let us know in case it helps someone else.

The Note 7 is fairly restrictive to work on and has a few quirks. It feels like it was supposed to be released as something else, but for one reason or another EVGA didn't follow that through. Perhaps they took the hardware already produced for the release and re-packaged it as something else just to shift the hardware stock? It should have been more popular than it is given the specs, but it's like it was a limited run only. Perhaps that's why there aren't too many devs for it? They're a great machine when they're working, but the OTA updates need to be tested more rigorously pre-release. There's way too many issues with them. I have to be honest, I disabled mine a while ago.

Reason for editing : I can't spell for **** apparently.
Last edited by allclownsareevil; 16th October 2014 at 04:43 PM.
16th October 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #37  
Flag Alness, Scotland

143 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allclownsareevil

The guide works fine. I've used it on several machines and had zero issues with it. Before you go slating it you may want to check your hardware isn't at fault or that you haven't caused an issue yourself?

I've used it with a few versions of the Supertool, but always the original advent stuff. Fixed a friend's Tegra Note 7 today in fact. Which is how I ended up here again, so I could get the link I posted. Check your hardware to make sure it's not at fault, then post back and let us know in case it helps someone else.

The Note 7 is fairly restrictive to work on and has a few quirks. It feels like it was supposed to be released as something else, but for one reason or another EVGA didn't follow that through. Perhaps they took the hardware already produced for the release and re-packaged it as something else just to shift the hardware stock? It should have been more popular than it is given the specs, but it's like it was a limited run only. Perhaps that's why there aren't too many devs for it? They're a great machine when they're working, but the OTA updates need to be tested more rigorously pre-release. There's way too many issues with them. I have to be honest, I disabled mine a while ago.

Reason for editing : I can't spell for **** apparently.

Dude.... Seriously I wasn't even attacking your guide its a great guide that will help a lot of people. I'm saying I knew I shouldn't have followed it because my tablet has been having over the top problems that seem to be made worse by the usual recovery stuff. I just had a feeling that using the KitKat stuff would mess my tablet up more because its never been on KitKat before only ever 4.3

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread