[Q] Got any suggestions for this homescreen?

OP paradoxiumwind

27th May 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102

848 posts
More
Based on: http://mycolorscreen.com/2013/10/18/google-ui-13/

Screenshots here: https://imgur.com/a/u6yML#2

I'm quite happy with the 'Home' page, and the 'Google' page, but I'm not sure entirely how to go about doing the apps page.

I was thinking of doing it all with zooper widget (like the google page - none of those are actual icons, it's all zooper widget.) in order to position things properly, because the launcher grid doesn't allow actual icons to be placed in appropriate positions.

I need some music controls somewhere too - maybe at the bottom of the google page, or the apps page if I split the rectangle background?

Also, I'm thinking of swapping the position of the top 'navbars' and the bottom searchbar, so that I can have a persistent google search (which only displays on the top with no option to place it on the bottom (Nova Launcher). This would require changing the wallpaper background to have the zooper widget search box as part of the background, with the actual search widget on top of it, unless there's a way to have the search zooper widget act/behave exactly like the google search bar?

I plan to release the files when done if anyone is interested

Lock screen is temporary until I figure out what to do with that - ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys.
30th June 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxiumwind

I need some music controls somewhere too - maybe at the bottom of the google page, or the apps page if I split the rectangle background?

With a layout as clean as you have now, I would be concerned that putting in music controls would complicate things unnecessarily. You might consider hiding the music controls using popup widget 2, or something similar. This would allow you to have music controls at the touch of a button, but not persistent (so that if you aren't listening to music they aren't in the way).
16th October 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

46 posts
Auto popup with important info (short)
Hello,

I have been on this forum for a short moment now. And like to say thank you first for all the help so far. Thank you for your patience too!
You guys and girls have helped me root and customise my phones.

On topic:
I see there is a need to educate users for the right way to post messages. I suggest a kind of popup with the most important rules.
One of the important issues is that the forum is being filled with posts that are not at right place.
Like developer forum where questions are asked. I myself made myself guilty as well. Been thinking how to correct it.

The solution might be as follows:
- Create a popup that shows the most important rules.
- The same popup has a link to the more complete rules page.
- at the end people sign they acknowledge they have read it and understand.
- Then people can press ok
- A new popup shows (based on login). It shows a quiz and will ask questions. If the user does not know, he /she will not get access to
the forum at all!
- All users must complete this test! Not completing equals no access. After completing you will be sure the user knows the rules.
- Extra precausion, or called penalty if a user does something that is not right. No warning given, but the penalty will be given like
unable to login. Let's say 2 days to start with. With a second violation the period is extended to 1 week. Third time 1 month offline.
Forum admin keep the right to freeze a user and put that user onto a blacklist any time. Which means no access any longer.
Perhaps combine that with IP registration.

I don't know about you, but if I really need an answer fast, I would think twice to make big mistakes again and again.
I know the forum is not the quickest in answering, but people do answer, and usually have good answers.

Hope these suggestions are usefull. B.t.w. this website looks really good! But the content that is offered, outmatches the looks
by a million times. The data, tools,apps made by you guys and roms are priceless!

Keep on the good work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
criticism, google ui, holo cards, improvements, suggestions
Previous Thread Next Thread