Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Chinese WINCE 6 Radio - Can you add wifi or 3G/4G dongle?

OP toolboxjesse

28th May 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
I recently purchased & installed a double-din Chinese-made radio in my car. It is WINCE 6.0 based.
(As a new member I can't yet post links, but the unit can be found on ebay by searching for "8" Car SUV Stereo GPS NAV DVD Player Radio BT HONDA CR-V 2007-2011"
It wasn't my original intention for this unit, but since I learned that it is web-enabled I thought I might investigate what is required to make that work. The unit is supposed to be able to access the internet with a 3G SIM card, although for the life of me I don't see a SIM card slot anywhere on the unit- any ideas where this is?
Alternatively I wonder if there is a way to connect a 3G or 4G USB dongle to the unit, a wifi dongle, or perhaps use bluetooth DUN to connect to the internet through an app such as PDAnet.
I have been searching the web specifically for this info and the closest I have come is through this forum, but not specifically what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
Jesse in Atlanta
16th October 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Bonjour si votre autoradio et équipée 3G WIFI vous devez avoir un câble usb pas celui ou on branche devant mais celui qui sort derrière il faut en plus un dongle usb pour mettre la puce 3g ou 4g ou une clé usb wifi
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread