Is sprint blocking torrents now?

OP Phr3d13

15th October 2014, 06:37 AM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Have used different browsers with same results (even using built in search engines such as ttorrent) Not using a firewall app that I'm aware
15th October 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #42  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 28,134

15,435 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnm442

Anyone find a fix? Or at least an alternative? I saw someone mentioned trying to download torrents with more seeds. The problem is that it won't connect to peers, even if there are plenty. I tried encryption and it worked at first but no longer does. This happens with all torrent files, all apps/programs, regardless of speed or service. Oddly, though, once in a blue moon it will work perfectly. But that's rare.

Just curious, does it work on Wi-Fi? I've always done my torrents over Wi-Fi with tTorrent Pro and never had any problems.

My ROM: WICKED X
The Following User Says Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Works fine on wifi but, unfortunately, I don't have wifi at my home
The Following User Says Thank You to fnm442 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #44  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 28,134

15,435 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnm442

Works fine on wifi but, unfortunately, I don't have wifi at my home

OK, I figured it was mobile data that everybody was having a problem with... Just curious.

My ROM: WICKED X
16th October 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #45  
Flag Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 117

95 posts
More
If you're worried about it just get a VPN that supports port forwarding. I think everyone should have one regardless of whether you are currently able to download torrents over mobile data or not. Just because they aren't throttling you or blocking you does not mean they are not tracking you. Now granted, it will probably be a while before they can effectively police 4G networks, just because of mechanics involved, but they have regular broadband connections down pat. I I know for a fact my home ISP (Cincinnati Bell) regularly sends out warning letters with the exact title of the files you downloaded. They mostly do it for HBO. I have yet to hear of them actually going forward with prosecuting anybody, but my knowledge is limited. I guarantee its only a matter of time before the MPAA and RIAA find a way to strongarm the mobile carriers into policing for torrents. Better to just have a VPN now and not get caught with your pants down. I use privateinternetaccess.com, they support port forwarding on their Canada servers and they are based in the US, so they don't log (contrary to popular belief, overseas VPN servers are not more safe, the US has no mandatory data retention laws, the EU requires logging). They have an Android app based on OpenVPN you can use or you can connect natively in Android settings using the PPTP ipSec protocol. I have never noticed any reduction in speed, and I download my torrents through a server in Toronto. Six dollars a month. There's no excuse. That's just my 2.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pariah24 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread