Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

Change Background Image Of Your CWM Recovery - THE EASY WAY

OP navneetasnavi

18th April 2014, 09:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag ludhiana
Thanks Meter: 60

108 posts
More
Only For Windows Operating System .. !!!

So It is a post for beginners who want to just look inside the recovery.img and do some modification like changing the default background image to a custom image. So without wasting any time here We Go....

Requirements :

Quote:

• Recovery.img (Most Important)
    Boot/Recovery repack utils for WINDOWS by @michfood
    Any Image editor Like Photoshop Or GIMP .

Procedure :

Quote:

• Just place the recovery.img in the same folder where You extracted The boot/recovery repack tool.
  • Drag and drop recovery.img on MTK_Unpack and it will split the recovery into its parts.
  • Now browser into recovery > rmdisk > res > images open the images edit them or replace them with your desirable .png's.
  • Now again drag the recovery folder and drop on MTK_pack after Modification.

Voila .!!!!!!!!
You are Done with changing the background of your custom recovery.
*/ Just Flash This Recovery In FastBoot.

PLEASE PRESS THANKS INSTEAD OF TYPING THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to navneetasnavi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #2  
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 114

285 posts
More
Nice man - good work

it's good for me as a nobie.

Thanks my freind.
18th April 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag ludhiana

108 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON AMIGO

Nice man - good work

it's good for me as a nobie.

Thanks my freind.

ThanX Share It so That Other Olso LeaRn to Do It... ((:
11th October 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 112

410 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navneetasnavi

ThanX Share It so That Other Olso LeaRn to Do It... ((:

I dont know why ts not working for me. After re-packing, it gives a file "new-image.img" and not "recovery.img". And also reccovery folder gets a "new-image.img" automatically. If it is supposed to work like this. Even this I tried to flash it on my mobile (MI3), it loses CWM whole and goes directly into fastboot. Thanks it didnt brick my mobile but something is definitely odd when repacking.
11th October 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag ludhiana

108 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkb_always4u

I dont know why ts not working for me. After re-packing, it gives a file "new-image.img" and not "recovery.img". And also reccovery folder gets a "new-image.img" automatically. If it is supposed to work like this. Even this I tried to flash it on my mobile (MI3), it loses CWM whole and goes directly into fastboot. Thanks it didnt brick my mobile but something is definitely odd when repacking.

bro see as per the repacking script it will create a new image u need to rename it to to recovery.img and more over the image that u are using in it that is to be edited in Gimp ... other i haven't used personally... and try to flash it using flashify.
post ur results too.
12th October 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 112

410 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navneetasnavi

bro see as per the repacking script it will create a new image u need to rename it to to recovery.img and more over the image that u are using in it that is to be edited in Gimp ... other i haven't used personally... and try to flash it using flashify.
post ur results too.

Sure, I renamed the "new-image.img" as recovery.img and put it back into old Cwm.zip And got the fastboot. Lost recovery completely two times. Thanks for reply though.
16th October 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag ludhiana

108 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkb_always4u

Sure, I renamed the "new-image.img" as recovery.img and put it back into old Cwm.zip And got the fastboot. Lost recovery completely two times. Thanks for reply though.

i dont know where you aredoing the things wrong b'coz it has always worked for me. just PM me.. :/

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread