[MOD] Enable Native Tethering without limits

OP Fenny

3rd September 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #101  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 34

248 posts
More
Nothing is working on stockroom or viper or any other rom. Unless you have to jump to cyanogen 11 rom. That work perfect

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th September 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #102  
Thanks Meter: 97

421 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytouch990

Nothing is working on stockroom or viper or any other rom. Unless you have to jump to cyanogen 11 rom. That work perfect

So CM11 works? What works? lol this is just confusing. No internet at my new place until the 22nd and NEED my chomecast to work lol
28th September 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #103  
Flag Plymouth, MN
Thanks Meter: 18

123 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
I'm more-or-less stock 4.4.3 (Venom, but removed pretty much all Venom stuff because all I want is rooted-stock), but I think I have achieved the same result after a couple of steps...

1. I've removed _all_ rows referring to T-Mobile and the 'pcweb' apn. Basically, any row that has 'pcweb' in it, remove it. This applies to all databases within 'telephony.db'.
Code:
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db
2. Change the line from "pcweb.tmobile.com" to "fast.t-mobile.com" in the "/system/customize/ACC/default.xml" file.
Code:
<item type="string" name="fixed_apn_for_dun">fast.t-mobile.com</item>
3. Reboot.

I'm unsure why, but when I add 'dun' to my normal APN, my data connection stops working all together until I remove 'dun' from it. Otherwise, it seems to work.
The Following User Says Thank You to blakejohnson86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th October 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #104  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 26

394 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakejohnson86

I'm more-or-less stock 4.4.3 (Venom, but removed pretty much all Venom stuff because all I want is rooted-stock), but I think I have achieved the same result after a couple of steps...

1. I've removed _all_ rows referring to T-Mobile and the 'pcweb' apn. Basically, any row that has 'pcweb' in it, remove it. This applies to all databases within 'telephony.db'.

Code:
2. Change the line from "pcweb.tmobile.com" to "fast.t-mobile.com" in the "/system/customize/ACC/default.xml" file.
Code:
3. Reboot.

I'm unsure why, but when I add 'dun' to my normal APN, my data connection stops working all together until I remove 'dun' from it. Otherwise, it seems to work.

I don't suppose you would be willing to give a little more guidance on how you went about updating the telephony.db file. I entered the command you have there for sqlite3 in a terminal emulator both as SU and not, and while I can start sqlite3, I have no idea what to do after that. Mind posting the commands you ran within sqlite3 to update telephony.db?

Thanks in advance!
4th October 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #105  
Flag Plymouth, MN
Thanks Meter: 18

123 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxawesome

I don't suppose you would be willing to give a little more guidance on how you went about updating the telephony.db file. I entered the command you have there for sqlite3 in a terminal emulator both as SU and not, and while I can start sqlite3, I have no idea what to do after that. Mind posting the commands you ran within sqlite3 to update telephony.db?

Thanks in advance!

I was actually feeling lazy and I used an SQLite editor to do it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ware.sqleditor

I don't suppose figuring out the command line would be all that difficult though. Might look into that.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
8th October 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #106  
Thanks Meter: 5

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytouch990

Hi there, that's what I thought to. I installed Viper rom and my hotspot wasn't working. But after I installed Viper rom again and right after this zip, my hotspot started working flawless. Now I can use it. Don't know if it was this zip, but I believe it was because it wasn't working before.
17th October 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #107  
Thanks Meter: 136

485 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakejohnson86

Code:
Code:
3. Reboot.

Worked like a charm! No more T-Mobile message when I go over my limit

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread