Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Full unroot and stock recovery?

OP combatmedic870

14th April 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Just wondering how i can do this?

Im having over heating problems while video calling(the phone gets so hot it shuts down) and I need to take it back for exchange. If they see super user im dead in the water.

How do I unroot and go back to stock recovery?
14th April 2014, 05:14 AM   |  #2  
Cuppeerr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Grapevine, Texas
Thanks Meter: 821
 
2,766 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by combatmedic870

Just wondering how i can do this?



Im having over heating problems while video calling(the phone gets so hot it shuts down) and I need to take it back for exchange. If they see super user im dead in the water.



How do I unroot and go back to stock recovery?


Just delete the super user app. There should be an unroot option in there somewhere. You shouldn't need to worry about the recovery. But I believe there is a stock recovery in the non carrier branded forum


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
14th April 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuppeerr

Just delete the super user app. There should be an unroot option in there somewhere. You shouldn't need to worry about the recovery. But I believe there is a stock recovery in the non carrier branded forum


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It just comes right back at start up. I tried a couple of times
14th April 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #4  
Cuppeerr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Grapevine, Texas
Thanks Meter: 821
 
2,766 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by combatmedic870

It just comes right back at start up. I tried a couple of times

You could download this rom and once it's done downloading open the .zip up and delete Superuser.apk from either /system/app or Data/app. Then when you boot up it should look normal enough. After that you could just flash a stock recovery

IMO that's your best option since I haven't seen a ruu yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppeerr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuppeerr

You could download this rom and once it's done downloading open the .zip up and delete Superuser.apk from either /system/app or Data/app. Then when you boot up it should look normal enough. After that you could just flash a stock recovery

IMO that's your best option since I haven't seen a ruu yet.

Great idea!
4th June 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #6  
psyman42's Avatar
Senior Member
NYC
Thanks Meter: 42
 
118 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by combatmedic870

Great idea!

was the unrooting and trade in successful??????
5th June 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyman42

was the unrooting and trade in successful??????

nope
5th June 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #8  
DinoSoup's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Phoenix (I hate it here); NYC in spirit.
Thanks Meter: 141
 
782 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by combatmedic870

nope

What happened?
16th June 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoSoup

What happened?

I was charged 145 for sending back a dev unlocked device. They didnt ask, they just charged.
17th October 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
Please Help me Dudes
Yo

I have a quick question for the administrators. I was on Cyanogenmod with TWRP Recovery on my Htc one M8, i did everything stock (installed 2.22.401.4 odexx stock rom, with stock recovery, relocked the bootloader and turner S-ON) Now i have OTA update and when i click install now it shows red triangle and the update fails. When i go into recovery it shows something like 2.22.401.4 "something is wrong or missing something-i dont like to go into recovery to see again but i think you know this issue ) Can you please tell me what to do guys i dont want to sell my htc m8 and i want to get the OTA's in the future without any problem. Btw my phone is bought from T-Mobile Macedonia, where i wondered is this t-mobile RUU for all countries T-Mobile devices or just US?

I will be very grateful for your answers dudes.
Thank you in advance.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes