Ask a question

No registration required

Camera app turns on by itself

OP Deviatorz

31st January 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

85 posts
For some reason my camera app turns on by itself sometimes, especially when my phone screen is off and i receive a text and my screen turns on. It is not S voice because it doesn't go through the S voice app.

Sometimes when I leave the screen on sitting on a desk, it turns itself up as well. Does anyone know what bug this is? I'm not rooted and using the original ROM. Im using the rogers variant note 3
31st January 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 211

463 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviatorz

For some reason my camera app turns on by itself sometimes, especially when my phone screen is off and i receive a text and my screen turns on. It is not S voice because it doesn't go through the S voice app.

Sometimes when I leave the screen on sitting on a desk, it turns itself up as well. Does anyone know what bug this is? I'm not rooted and using the original ROM. Im using the rogers variant note 3

Do you use S-view cover?

Is it possible that while hitting the power button to switch off the screen, you accidentally touch a camera shortcut and when the screen turns on, it opens to camera?
1st February 2014, 11:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

85 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviatorz

No I don't use the S cover or any cover for that matter. This happens right before my eyes. I don't touch anything and if I receive a text while my phone is on the table, the camera app turns itself on right after, but this doesn't always happen though. It's really annoying.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
17th October 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Camera turns on by itself
I have the same problem. In fact I just turned my note 3 on (after being powered down all night) and set it on the counter. As it powered up, the camera app started.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread