[TOOL]Backup/Restore EFS (IMEI) for SGNII

Search This thread

dogmatism

Dec 20, 2006
Anyone who has the error

Code:
The system cannot find the path specified.

The problem is adb.exe is out of date... you need to update it in newer android versions.

you can get it, just search xda for, Minimal ADB and Fastboot /... replace the adb files

adb.exe
AdbWinApi.dll
AdbWinUsbApi.dll

in the folder "files1"

Last edited:
Reactions: drgkt
Jan 22, 2011
Melbourne
I don't know if I'm supposed to be using N7100_EFS_Backup_Restore_WIN.rar or SAMSUNG_N7100_EFS_BACKUP.zip

I am trying to use SAMSUNG_N7100_EFS_BACKUP.zip
It's not doing the tar backup:

Command: bin\adb shell su -c "busybox tar cZvf /sdcard/GT-N7105TADTGY_N7105ZHDMI1_R31D3017QCT_
EFS.tar.gz /efs"

Output:
unknown option -- Z
BusyBox v1.21.1-jb bionic (2013-07-25 21:23 +0100) multi-call binary.

Trying to backup with an old CM ROM before it is screwed up any further so busybox is likely out of date.

Also subsequent backups fail because filename is too long (keeps appending the variable) and fills the device SD card with backup files not being deleted after.

fd99601

Aug 26, 2010
Thanks!

I thought I had lost my 2nd device in succession owing to EFS issues, but your tool saved me the blushes. For those having EFS as IMG file you can get it restored using option 3 on clicking the executable in SAMSUNG_N7100_EFS_BACKUP folder.

Thanks a bunch! Now backing up EFS your way ;)

scrin378

Feb 25, 2014
May I know where I can download the efs.img file? I can't find it from the 3 files attached in the first page. TIA.

You cant download it because this is a tool for backup...not a real efs which you can restore on your phone...if you dont have a real backup of your efs it wont work

He cant restore your efs...this is your efs and your only...it cant be two phones with same efs...he must have his efs...

01101001b

Oct 27, 2018
Thank you so much!

I lost my imei nearly one year ago. An old battery hiccup made the "magic" to spoil the efs partition and kaput! no more imei. Since then I was reading and looking for solutions but unable to hit the nail.
I had made a backup (thank goodness!) but for some reason I only found errors when trying to restore it.
Long story short, your linux solution guided me to the final bit of information I needed to restore my phone from that "quirky" backup. And It worked. Amazing.
I've registered in xda just to say thank you so much! :victory:

Reactions: yowyow027

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    N7100 EFS Backup / Restore

Help to preserve and restore the image of EFS partition:
    * Need Root

For Windows

* Extract from the archive, connect the device to the USB debugging mode (System settings/Developer options/USB debugging) and run selected .bat (depending on the backup or restore)
    * To retain the image of efs.img must be in a folder with Restore_EFS.bat

attachment.php
    attachment.php

For Linux
    For MACOS

* Extract from the archive, connect the device to the USB debugging mode (System settings/Developer options/USB debugging) and run RUN_ME into terminal (double click), select option...

What is EFS, Why it is necessary to backup

SAMSUNG_N7100_EFS_BACKUP_RESTORE_AUTOMATIC

Instructions:

! Need for backup Root access and debugging USB
    1. Extract from the zip and run. Bat file
    2. Is okay to your PC and follow the menu

Automatically create a text file of all the parameters of the device at the time of the copy
    Automatic backup of efs:
    * Odin flash file. Tar.md5,
    * raw.img
    * Tar.gz archive
    Automatic naming of files and backup archive version of the firmware
    Restore to choose from archives and backup images
    Automatic start of Odin and the transition to the flashing mode when selecting Odin Restore

DOWNLOAD

Thanks to:
    shoma_81, tester99,
    For help and assist in the creation of tool
    What is EFS, Why it is necessary to backup

Click below to find answer

Backup/Restore EFS data of Samsung GN2, to Fix IMEI and SIM not detecting issues

What the hell is this EFS ?
    EFS partition is actually a internal place in our android device such as android phone which contains some important and some basic info related to our device identity like Wi-Fi address, Bluetooth MAC address and the very main IMEI address (nv_data.bin).

Now if this EFS partition accidently corrupted then your phone’s IMEI no. will erased and you can not make voice call further. This kind of damage is often not accepted by the service center of your respected handset’s company.

Why should I backup EFS data ?
    As said above if any case you corrupt EFS then EFS backup can be savior for you.
    So it is very necessary to make a backup of this EFS partition just now to avoid such type of future troubles.

Now the question is “how to make a backup of EFS partition”.

There are three methods to make a backup of this EFS partition.

1st : OP is best tool to make backup/restore of EFS for Note2 Thanx to as i9100.

2nd EFS folder backup using root explorer
    Just copy the whole EFS folder via root explorer to your SD card or anywhere in your PC. But according users criteria this method is not be good in EFS restore.

Using of a backup/Restore tool mentioned in OP will backup your whole EFS partition including read / write permission that makes your phone compatible for this task.

Source : Androidflip.com
    Save EFS on Mac Os

Hi,

I managed to modify a bit your Linux version and run it under Mac OS Lion
    Here is the package in any case you want to add it to the OP.

I changed the adb binary, and removed some commands which weren't running well on Mac

Please note I did not test the restore function, but due to the very little modifications, it should work as well as the backup
    I'm on ubuntu I pressed "RUN_ME" select 1 and pressed enter, the window closes and no file shows up :(

EDIT:
    show partition
    tools/./adb: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Backup efs partition
    tools/adb: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    pull efs.img
    tools/adb: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    ./RUN_ME: line 30: ./menu: No such file or directory

try to install libusb 1.0.9 from synaptic manager...
    @corvux360

what i did i to flash the rom i want then i did extracted the tar.gz file so you've efs folder extracted so after i've flashed the rom i deleted EFS folder in my phone and i reboot you find no lockscreen and some words in yellow copy EFS backup folder you extracted before to the same location you deleted your device EFS folder then reboot service now should work if not so apply the following commands in terminal emulator line by line and press enter after every line:

su
    rm /efs/FactoryApp/keystr
    rm /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode
    echo -n ON >> /efs/FactoryApp/keystr
    echo -n ON >> /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode
    chown 1000.1000 /efs/FactoryApp/keystr
    chown 1000.1000 /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode
    chmod 0744 /efs/FactoryApp/keystr
    chmod 0744 /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode
    reboot

my reference http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43491688&postcount=132