Steps I took to get KitKat on my New Nook HD+

OP se1961

12th August 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #221  
Thanks Meter: 3

38 posts
Oh, I put the stock backup on a separate SD card and then put the bootable one back in and proceeded to wipe the factory rom and install CM11. What should I do in this situation? I wasn't sure if backing it up on the bootable card would erase or overwrite anything on it or cause any other issues, so I stuck another card in for the stock backup.
12th August 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #222  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,652

8,337 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTAB

Oh, I put the stock backup on a separate SD card and then put the bootable one back in and proceeded to wipe the factory rom and install CM11. What should I do in this situation? I wasn't sure if backing it up on the bootable card would erase or overwrite anything on it or cause any other issues, so I stuck another card in for the stock backup.

Just hang on to that separate SD in case you need it. You probably won't. It is usable from there once you install the internal CWM.

Go ahead and use that bootable SD to flash the internal 6046 CWM zip from the dummies thread.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Last edited by leapinlar; 12th August 2014 at 05:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th August 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #223  

38 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Just hang on to that separate SD in case you need it. You probably won't. It is usable from there once you install the internal CWM.

Go ahead and use that bootable SD to flash the internal 6046 CWM zip from the dummies thread.

thanks for your help!
14th August 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #224  

38 posts
One other question...Is it normal for the rotation response speed to be soooooo slow? I don't recall it taking 3-4 seconds to initiate rotating the screen before CM and I have a buddy who put CM 10 on his HD+ and its the same way...
15th August 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #225  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,652

8,337 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTAB

One other question...Is it normal for the rotation response speed to be soooooo slow? I don't recall it taking 3-4 seconds to initiate rotating the screen before CM and I have a buddy who put CM 10 on his HD+ and its the same way...

The early versions of CM10 had that problem. You had to hold the device vertical to get it to rotate. But that has been fixed for a long time. I have CM11 M9 on my HD and it takes about 2 seconds for the rotation to happen. I have CM10.1.3 on my HD+ and it takes about 1 second.

8th September 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #226  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Like a new tablet
Thanks for posting the steps to get kit kat. I bought a refurbished Nook HD+ in November of last year. This tablet had become just about useless, restating itself for no reason and failing to connect to my work email account. I was just about to throw it in the trash and go with an ipad (I had a similarly horrible experience with a Acer A500 and was about to give up on android devices) but I wanted to try a custom ROM. I followed your steps and it worked great on the first try. Now I have a great tablet with a pure android interface (no more nook bs). The battery life is way better. I feel like I just bought a new tablet and couldn't be happier. I had only flashed one other tablet so I am a novice. Your instructions were clear and easy to follow. Thanks again!
17th October 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #227  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
I have messed up!
Edited - please ignore. (can't seem to delete!)
Last edited by seymour71; 17th October 2014 at 09:24 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread