LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Note pro 12.2 temperatures

OP viannaf

15th June 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

30 posts
I Would like to know and compare the temperatures the rest of u guys are getting
I consider my tablet to run very hot even when idle I would like to know if every one has the same issue
Using bayern monitor or gsam I have got moments in Web browsing where I have hit 40 Celsius when in total standby I get 27 Celsius my note phone barely gets at 22 when idle and never reach 32 or 33 when under heavy use same my previous tablet so how is with yours ?
15th June 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #2  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 195

842 posts
Sounds like you have processes running in the background. Idle temperatures are going to vary by ambient temperature as well as idle cpu load. Looking back at my battery stats I see 85F at idle which is a couple degrees above ambient.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
2nd August 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #3  

13 posts
I think it is normal, I remember when I had the Note 1 (N7000) I reached about 59 under extreme usage it was untouchable
2nd August 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #4  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,012

4,050 posts
More
Mine averages at 25C, with peaks of up to 45-50C with serious gaming.

That's perfectly normal. You have to remember we're dealing with a device that has the same hardware that would require a seriously heavy duty fan on a PC. Its only heatsink is the plastic case.

Also, my Note 3 with browsing usually levels at 38C, so...
10th October 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #5  

4 posts
No, its not comparable to PC hardware because the TDP of a mobile cpu and the performance is lower.
Im using a leather case to secure the tablet itself and to freeze my finger
18th October 2014, 12:44 AM   |  #6  
Flag Palo Alto, CA
Thanks Meter: 47

259 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by viannaf

I Would like to know and compare the temperatures the rest of u guys are getting
I consider my tablet to run very hot even when idle I would like to know if every one has the same issue
Using bayern monitor or gsam I have got moments in Web browsing where I have hit 40 Celsius when in total standby I get 27 Celsius my note phone barely gets at 22 when idle and never reach 32 or 33 when under heavy use same my previous tablet so how is with yours ?

You are looking at battery temperature rather than CPU. CPU will fluctuate from high 30's near 80 Celsius under high load. Many of the CPU apps don't monitor CPU temps correctly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread