[ROM][4.4.x][UNOFFICIAL]Dirty Unicorns [Feb 13]

Search This thread

abhishekpujar

Nov 15, 2010
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Everything is working fine after flash except that I cannot change the lock screen wallpaper, when I try to in settings it takes me to the theme selector menu not the wallpaper selection. My lock screen wallpaper is a blank screen. Anything I can do to fix this?

mrlolli

Apr 5, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Everything is working fine after flash except that I cannot change the lock screen wallpaper, when I try to in settings it takes me to the theme selector menu not the wallpaper selection. My lock screen wallpaper is a blank screen. Anything I can do to fix this?

Go to settings, Dirty Tweaks, Lockscreen, then Theme Options. The very last option is to change your background.

jamiethemorris

Jan 7, 2013
@mrlolli

FYI for that tip I have you about the config.xml I accidentally put false. Change it to true and see if that gets the buttons working.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrlolli

gillim74

Jul 28, 2012
Celina ohio
Does due have blackout

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Never mind found it

Androide3

Nov 26, 2012
It's a fantastic Rom, why you don't create a new post for your D.U. build? Sorry for my english...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mrlolli

Apr 5, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
It's a fantastic Rom, why you don't create a new post for your D.U. build? Sorry for my english...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks! I agree that this is an awesome rom, and the devs that built this rom did an amazing job, all I did was port it:).

As far as creating a new post, I kind of took the reins from @jamiethemorris and didn't want to clutter the dna forum with a second Dirty Unicorns thread. I am uploading V8.1 right now, which will be the last kitkat build until L, so we will see what happens then. Thanks for your interest in this rom, I am glad that someone else likes it as much as I do:D

Androide3

Nov 26, 2012

necosino

Feb 19, 2009
Google Play Services FCs when I try setting location mode to High Accuracy.. Will try reflashing and try again.

*shrug* Reflashed, installed the gapps you link to in-Rom, rather than off pa Gapps site, added account, set high accuracy, gave consent, and now it's working.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrlolli

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an unofficial build of Dirty Unicorns for the HTC Droid DNA. I will be maintaining this as often as I can and will do my best to keep it up to date with the official release.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE. IT IS YOUR PHONE, AND YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

mbK2Y4U.jpg

Dirty Unicorns (DU) is a custom ROM originally based off AOKP, but now based from OmniROM. DU brings you a great mix of stability and customization. The idea to start a ROM like this was purely out of boredom, but later turned into a form of an addiction, a good one. We began to have fun while still doing things the right way. By doing so, we received high praise from not only our users but by fellow developers of other ROMs that enjoy seeing things done the right way. This ROM will always be free of charge without any strings attached or any of it's developers luring you into donating or any form of "pay to flash".

ELDlDWD.png
    "Give credit and thanks where is due!" That's something that has fuel the way we do things! With that said, we would like to go ahead and credit those individuals and groups that have made this ROM possible with their original code and contributions to the Android community.....

| OmniROM | AOKP | ChaOS | ParanoidAndroid | SlimROM | Preludedrew | Team Black Out | Official Testers / Translators

Believe it or not, we are human and we do forget things. If we have left someone out of the credit/thanks list, just PM us and we'll gladly add on to the list.​

features.png

-- Facebook Sync Hack
    -- PDroid patches included
    -- Immersive mode
    -- Hot Reboot Option
    -- Appbar (ribbons)
    -- Customizable Quick Settings
    -- Customizable power menu
    -- Customizable lockscreen shortcuts
    -- App Ops access in Settings
    -- TRDS (built in theme in settings)
    -- Statusbar Clock options
    -- NavBar Options
    -- Halo from Paranoidandroid
    -- Halo size changer
    -- Hardware key remap mod
    -- Battery Bar / Circle batteries
    -- Network speed indicators in statusbar
    -- Koush Superuser
    -- Build.prop mods
    -- Init.d Tweaks
    -- Active Display (Moto X notifications)
    -- ListView Animations
    -- Custom System Animations
    -- Custom BusyDialog
    -- Advanced Low Battery Indicator options
    -- ScreenShot QuickTrash
    -- Color Changing PhaseBeam
    -- Gesture Anywhere
    -- Button Light Notification

-- Much More, just look in Settings/Dirty Tweaks and ENJOY!!!

Instructions:

This ROM, like any other Kit Kat ROM, needs to be flashed using either the latest CWM, the updated TWRP, or MultiROM.

Updated TWRP: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23306841710657613
    MultiROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2627141
    CWM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2051547
    Wipe Cache / Factory Reset
    Install ROM
    Install GApps
    Reboot

Latest Version:
    Feb 13

XDA:DevDB Information
    Dirty Unicorns, a ROM for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
    jamiethemorris
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-02-13
    Last Updated 2014-02-13
    FAQ and Changelog

FAQ:

Q: Messaging/Hangouts keeps crashing.
    A: Disable or uninstall Google Play Movies and reboot.

Changelog:

Stay tuned
    I have a 4.4.4 version of DU available here for anyone that is interested: http://teamlitespeed.com/dev/devs/mrlolli/DU_dlx_4.4.4_20140821.v7.8-UNOFFICIAL.zip

It is v7.8, I will get it up to v7.9 as soon as I get a chance.
    Okay, the new link should flash fine for everyone. I just replaced the updater-binary as a workaround until I figure out the root of the problem.